The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Oilers re-sign Darnell Nurse

I thought it was expensive at first, but I didn't realize how much better he's gotten. Probably a fair deal.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’m sure they would have preferred to get him locked in long term.

Im gonna assume he’s still an RFA in two years?

Good bridge contract numbers though. Should be making 8 mil on his next one.

He just turned 25 a few days ago, so I actually think this takes him right up to UFA year 1.

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Monty said:

Yup. 

Definitely a good deal for Nurse. Walks him to free agency and right out of Edmonton.

That's surprising. You'd think Nurse would have got less AAV for a player friendly term like that. If I'm an Oilers fan, this deal has me worried in the long term.

26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Great deal for both parties.  Oilers keep Nurse for two years at a reasonable cap.  Nurse gets to be a UFA when done.  Plus, 11 million dollars is a lot of money.  

Great deal for Nurse. Horrible deal for the Oilers.

The fact that he could walk on them at the end of his deal is a major risk. Gives him all the leverage in their next negotiation.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Great deal for Nurse. Horrible deal for the Oilers.

The fact that he could walk on them at the end of his deal is a major risk. Gives him all the leverage in their next negotiation.

Probably serves them notice that he's planning on leaving for an NHL team in a city that isn't a frozen cesspool.  Would be shocked if he isn't traded at some point over that deal.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Monty said:

If I’m an Oilers fan, I commit suicide.

What if you didn't have to actually live in Edmonton though? I mean, it could be a lot worse. They have all those banners in the rafters, one of the most storied histories in the NHL for an expansion team, which includes arguably the greateast hockey player of all time. They also have arguably the best player in NHL currently. Maybe you don't have to kill yourself afterall Monty. But don't let me get in the way of your suicide :lol:

• Haha 2