The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Oilers re-sign Darnell Nurse

2 hours ago, rekker said:

I've always liked Nurse. He's an old school dman and that's a good contract for the Oilers dollar wise. Term is tough as I'm guessing Nurse tests the market when the deal is up.

Was it a Nov game, Rekker?(a while back)..How can you forgive that showman, for flipping/flailing around like a landed Coho?!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Having to live in that dump of a city and watch their joke of a hockey team would have driven most sane people to that point a decade ago.

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Pretty clear he wants out of that hellhole ASAP.  Prob turned down more money in exchange for not sacrificing UFA years.  Can't blame him.

I've been a canucks fan for many many years and have lived in Edmonton in for several years. i find your statement very arrogant. Vancouver has its problems, as does Edmonton. You are a classic snob that I think portrays Vancouverites in a very poor way. i don't envy anyone that has to consistently pat their backs that they live in Vancouver. I'm sure Daddy's money afforded you a nice place to live in BC. 

Edited by Sergei Shirokov
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Sergei Shirokov said:

I've been a canucks fan for many many years and have lived in Edmonton in for several years. i find your statement very arrogant. Vancouver has its problems, as does Edmonton. You are a classic snob that I think portrays Vancouverites in a very poor way. i don't envy anyone that has to consistently pat their backs that they live in Vancouver. I'm sure Daddy's money afforded you a nice place to live in BC. 

Sub zero temperatures for half the year, and unbearable mosquitos for the rest.

You can keep it.

In regards to hockey, the franchise is still hurting, and the fact that the best player since Gretzky on the team can't draw top UFA talent should tell you all you need to know about the general thoughts on the city itself, by the rest of the hockey world.

The Coil are in cap trouble, despite not competing outside of their little run 2 seasons go, in well over a decade.

Nurse is going to bolt. Do not be surprised when McDavid does too.

Edited by xereau
  • Upvote 1

This got flyers 22/23 off season written all over it, nephew of our very own former QB1 Donovan McNabb, he’s mean like pronger introducing a middle pairing dman at 8 million a year! Darnell Nurssseeeee easy sell to the fans and over paying free agents is kinda phillys thing (I’m still salty about the Hayes signing) thank god flyers are just my eastern conference team