The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wet'suwet'en Protests and Blockades in BC

DonLever

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm also centre-left, but I look around and wonder where the heck my options went. Its not that the Liberals under JT are out there chanting or burning things, but I don't see how they aren't going to lose significant support to people that don't mind whats going on right now, all in the name of saving the planet. It doesn't take much of a shift on the left side to create a big gap for the CPC to walk up the middle to victory.

But thats just secondary to how bad i feel for the bands that might lose this project. Its just such a waste if people like King get their way on this. 

I keep saying it bud.

We need a reset.  We need an actual generational revolution to fix this nation and take it back for the people.

Ineffective government is a large part of the issue no doubt.  It's not liberal or CPC at all.  It's the whole system they've created

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I keep saying it bud.

We need a reset.  We need an actual generational revolution to fix this nation and take it back for the people.

Ineffective government is a large part of the issue no doubt.  It's not liberal or CPC at all.  It's the whole system they've created

You just made a thread saying how great Canada was.

As for your centre left comment I'm not so sure about that.

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I keep saying it bud.

I'm not quite there yet. I think a re-set in how we participate is needed tho. So few people get involved in candidate selection it can be easily taken over by special interests or even the party itself for their own internal preferences. I really think secure online voting for everything from candidate selection right up to elections is whats needed to engage more people. The more we care about who's there the better job they'll do. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Lol wut?

A minority of extremists making all kinds of noise, while the majority of more moderate people sit more silently pointing their fingers at the crazy.  Both the left and the right have those crazy people.  You can't see it because you occupy the crazy.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I don’t know if you can label all left into that group.

I think you see a shift of both left and the right breaking off into more extremes, and while they aren’t the majority they are the most vocal and get the most attention. 

Extreme left is what I meant 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

A minority of extremists making all kinds of noise, while the majority of more moderate people sit more silently pointing their fingers at the crazy.  Both the left and the right have those crazy people.  You can't see it because you occupy the crazy.

No the comparison to wexit was stupid. I think the guy that obsesses over us politics and lives in BC might be the crazy one

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

"occupy crazy" - I think we might just see that movement. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

"occupy crazy" - I think we might just see that movement. 

Been going on in BC for a while. 

It's our political system. The liberals and conservatives occupy roughly 35% of the vote each, to get over the hump they cater to the extremes on both sides.

That being said I never thought I would see a PM destroy the economy for that support.

Edited by Ryan Strome

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

That being said I never thought I would see a PM destroy the economy for that support.

I guess it looks that way from Calgary. I do think we're going to see TMX completed, and hopefully CGL. If those two go down I might have to reconsider your statement. 

46 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm also centre-left, but I look around and wonder where the heck my options went. Its not that the Liberals under JT are out there chanting or burning things, but I don't see how they aren't going to lose significant support to people that don't mind whats going on right now, all in the name of saving the planet. It doesn't take much of a shift on the left side to create a big gap for the CPC to walk up the middle to victory.

But thats just secondary to how bad i feel for the bands that might lose this project. Its just such a waste if people like King get their way on this. 

And many times now you are yelled at if you consider yourself center at all, you have to be left, far left, right, or far right now according to people and your evil regardless of which you choose.  Hell I consider myself almost as center as they come, I litterally walked up to the booth last election and hadn't decided which way I was going to vote because both left and right had policies I supported, policies I didn't support, and both were run by leaders that I thought were incompetent at the end of the day in various ways.

35 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Mohawks blast Quebec premier for false, 'dangerous' claims that Kahnawake protesters are armed with AK-47s

MONTREAL -- Quebec Premier Francois Legault says the presence of dangerous assault rifles in Kahnawake is a reason for caution in enforcing an injunction to end a rail blockade in the Mohawk community.

Legault told reporters in Quebec City the government has information from what he called "good sources" that there are AK-47s in Kahnawake.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/protesters-at-kahnawake-blockade-armed-with-ak-47-assault-rifles-quebec-premier-says-1.4828838

Uhhhhh this is typical left politician that jumps to conclusions and don't realize that there are no AK-47s in Canada except those grandfathered in since they are prohibited and no one that has one of these old AKs is dumb enough to bring it out in public like that because they know damn well this collector item would be confiscated in a second.  One day maybe these politicians will educate themselves on the gun laws and what guns actually are instead of just jumping to "its an assault" or "its a AK!".  This aint call of duty guys, we got pretty damn strick gun laws in canada, hence why we don't have daily shootouts like America...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Russ said:

And many times now you are yelled at if you consider yourself center at all, you have to be left, far left, right, or far right now according to people and your evil regardless of which you choose.  Hell I consider myself almost as center as they come, I litterally walked up to the booth last election and hadn't decided which way I was going to vote because both left and right had policies I supported, policies I didn't support, and both were run by leaders that I thought were incompetent at the end of the day in various ways.

Part of this whole mess is Trudeau's 'ready, fire, aim' approach to first nations and actual reconciliation efforts. His heart is in the right place, but he's let it get away from him and we're right back into old battles. 

I really don't understand why we just don't get everyone together in the same place, all of the elected bands, hereditary, 3 levels of government in an annual meeting and really start working things out. Like an internal Canadian version of the UN. 

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Mohawks blast Quebec premier for false, 'dangerous' claims that Kahnawake protesters are armed with AK-47s

MONTREAL -- Quebec Premier Francois Legault says the presence of dangerous assault rifles in Kahnawake is a reason for caution in enforcing an injunction to end a rail blockade in the Mohawk community.

Legault told reporters in Quebec City the government has information from what he called "good sources" that there are AK-47s in Kahnawake.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/protesters-at-kahnawake-blockade-armed-with-ak-47-assault-rifles-quebec-premier-says-1.4828838

They had AK 47 during the Oka Crisis, hope it is not true tho

Image result for oka crisis

image.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Russ said:

Uhhhhh this is typical left politician that jumps to conclusions and don't realize that there are no AK-47s in Canada except those grandfathered in since they are prohibited and no one that has one of these old AKs is dumb enough to bring it out in public like that because they know damn well this collector item would be confiscated in a second.  One day maybe these politicians will educate themselves on the gun laws and what guns actually are instead of just jumping to "its an assault" or "its a AK!".  This aint call of duty guys, we got pretty damn strick gun laws in canada, hence why we don't have daily shootouts like America...

4 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

They had AK 47 during the Oka Crisis, hope it is not true tho

image.jpeg

An SKS is essentially a ak47

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

You just made a thread saying how great Canada was.

As for your centre left comment I'm not so sure about that.

No.  I made a thread about people saying it wasn't great.  You can love your home and hate your landlord bud.

• Upvote 1

Lol wut?

Loud angry minority groups on the fringe of their political spectrums.

"Good sources" :picard:

If he didn't see it or have it verified why the hell would he say this

Edited by Warhippy

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

No.  I made a thread about people saying it wasn't great.  You can love your home and hate your landlord bud.

I suppose you make a good point there. But like I told Jimmy I feel like each party to get over the hump needs to cater to the extremes on both sides. In my opinion our political process creates the issue we have.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

No the comparison to wexit was stupid. I think the guy that obsesses over us politics and lives in BC might be the crazy one

It's not stupid.  It's entirely accurate.

Loud minority groups dictating terms against the majority from the fringes of their political spectrums.

There's little to understand that should be difficult or that differentiates them from the no oil no energy crowd

Just now, Warhippy said:

Loud angry minority groups on the fringe of their political spectrums.

Is that difficult to understand?

"Good sources" :picard:

If he didn't see it or have it verified why the hell would he say this

I thought the exact same thing when the premier said that. Sounds like a Donald Trump response LOL. And no I find your comparison laughable I don't see any wexit supporters hurting people, the economy and the environment.