The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wet'suwet'en Protests and Blockades in BC

DonLever

6 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

TBH, even though she's American, I see her pretty much as I do the Mohawks....protesting in support of Indigenous people who live thousands of miles away, but not really fully understanding what they're protesting for, or how the people they are "supporting" really feel about the situation.

FWIW, the MLA they interviewed (Ellis Ross) is from Kitimat and I suppose the argument could be made that he has an ulterior motive, but I've met him and my impression is that he's a stand-up guy. I think his comment is pretty spot on, actually....

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

TBH, even though she's American, I see her pretty much as I do the Mohawks....protesting in support of Indigenous people who live thousands of miles away, but not really fully understanding what they're protesting for, or how the people they are "supporting" really feel about the situation.

FWIW, the MLA they interviewed (Ellis Ross) is from Kitimat and I suppose the argument could be made that he has an ulterior motive, but I've met him and my impression is that he's a stand-up guy. I think his comment is pretty spot on, actually....

he's posting some interesting stuff on his tweety. With all the mixed and typically inadequate reporting going on its really hard to know what happened, but when i see stuff like this it makes me wonder who's really speaking for who?

The Canadian Federal Government should get a whole bunch of city buses to meet at the Vancouver City Hall.  They should ask all media sources to let it be known that the Feds will pay for all interested protesters in the province to get on those buses and they will bring them up to the area of concern regarding the pipelines so they can protest.

Once the buses are full they should drive them up north and bury those loaded buses in a giant hole.

Problem solved!!!!

:lol:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Wat 2

‘Canada is broken,’ say majority of Canadians in poll taken in wake of rail blockades‘Canada is broken,’ say majority of Canadians in poll taken in wake of rail blockades

In the wake of regional discontent from the western provinces and blockades jamming up the country’s rail network, a towering majority of Canadians agree with the statement, “Right now, Canada is broken.”

Sixty-nine per cent of Canadians agree with the statement, rising to 83% in Alberta, found a DART & Maru/Blue poll conducted for the National Post.

https://nationalpost.com/news/one-thing-canadians-arent-divided-on-blaming-the-government-for-the-blockades?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1582888409

20 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

‘Canada is broken,’ say majority of Canadians in poll taken in wake of rail blockades‘Canada is broken,’ say majority of Canadians in poll taken in wake of rail blockades

In the wake of regional discontent from the western provinces and blockades jamming up the country’s rail network, a towering majority of Canadians agree with the statement, “Right now, Canada is broken.”

Sixty-nine per cent of Canadians agree with the statement, rising to 83% in Alberta, found a DART & Maru/Blue poll conducted for the National Post.

https://nationalpost.com/news/one-thing-canadians-arent-divided-on-blaming-the-government-for-the-blockades?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1582888409

Broken?

Is this the same doctor who diagnosed Steve Moore?

2 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

The Canadian Federal Government should get a whole bunch of city buses to meet at the Vancouver City Hall.  They should ask all media sources to let it be known that the Feds will pay for all interested protesters in the province to get on those buses and they will bring them up to the area of concern regarding the pipelines so they can protest.

Once the buses are full they should drive them up north and bury those loaded buses in a giant hole.

Problem solved!!!!

@Violator why did this confuse you?

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

3 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Problem solved!!!!

Move to china since you don't appreciate democracy.....  My grandfather and so many others served / sacrificed .....in WW2 to  give us those rights that you don't appreciate...

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Violator said:

How someone could be so psychotic

I would have thought the same but every post that guy makes is edgy and confrontational. Its not enough for him to tell someone that they are wrong about Demko's play, he must insult their mother while doing it. That post is consistent with his usual shtick on CDC, hence not psychotic.  :P

Edited by Toews
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Move to china since you don't appreciate democracy.....  My grandfather and so many others served / sacrificed .....in WW2 to  give us those rights that you don't appreciate...

Says the guy who was trying to smear our military’s imagine earlier in this thread. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

All voluntary initially as well so it wasn't like they were conscripted & fought because they had no choice given that they were drafted ("The Greatest Generation").  Should be noted there was STRONG feelings against conscription in BC as 'certain elements of society in power here' were against drafting Chinese & other asians (as it would it to them being able to fight for the right to vote [which they did NOT have at the time] if they were drafted).  "Yellow peril" (that racist belieft) was in the minds of those "certain elements of society in power'.  It wasn't just Quebec against conscription.  Irony is that China was on the side of the allies in WWII (however infectually the KMT was against the Japanese) so your grandfather & many others likely fought around many Chinese against the same "enemy".

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan