The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wet'suwet'en Protests and Blockades in BC

DonLever

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Move to china since you don't appreciate democracy.....  My grandfather and so many others served / sacrificed .....in WW2 to  give us those rights that you don't appreciate...

No. I love Canada where I was born.

Sick of whiny arse protesting jobless idiots causing issues for all hard working Canadians.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Move to china since you don't appreciate democracy.....  My grandfather and so many others served / sacrificed .....in WW2 to  give us those rights that you don't appreciate...

Your grandfather, if he served in WW2, would probably slap the protesters in the face.

He would tell them to get a job and quit whining. That is what that generation did. He did not fight in a war so that jobless whiny idiots would stand in the middle of a highway to shut it down so actual working people had to spend even more time in traffic to get to their jobs where they work so they can pay bills to let their families survive.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

On 2/26/2020 at 9:31 PM, kingofsurrey said:

You think that Canadians  have no role in reducing our carbon footprint ?

Wow... scarey to think that  our education system has failed our citizens this badly....

Looks like you do not know that Canada actually contributes very little globally to emissions compared to many countries.  You are correct about one thing, it is scary the education system has failed our citizens when people make posts similar to yours.

PS: when you lecture others you should spell words correctly imo.

image.png.c4f5072d4901e4485b051236dfbc68f3.png

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

But pipelines, amirite..

Almost 900 billion litres of raw sewage have been pumped into Canadian waterways since 2013

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/almost-900-billion-litres-of-raw-sewage-have-been-pumped-into-canadian-waterways-since-2013-1.4830586

In Alberta they would call that  fertilizer.....  Don't you guys in Alberta dump  human raw sewage on your fields.... ?

11 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

That's why I support the upcoming creation of the APP.

Bye bye rcmp.

on this topic tho old bitter retired RCMP guy is wrong. Its always better to try discussions first before having to use force.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Wrong. Their job is law enforcement. 

yes, and community engagement is part of that. Of course they try to talk people down prior to having to physically engage, it happens every day. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

So in your world, police should just go guns blazing whenever there is a situation,  instead of trying to negotiate and end the situation "peacefully"?  Man, there will be a lot of body bags in your world.

You're nuts. They are sabotaging rail roads and starting fires. Ya let's negotiate with terrorists. :picard:

21 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yes, and community engagement is part of that. Of course they try to talk people down prior to having to physically engage, it happens every day. 

Go sabotage a railroad, potentially causing death I guarantee you won't have negotiations with anybody but your lawyer.

13 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

You're nuts. They are sabotaging rail roads and starting fires. Ya let's negotiate with terrorists. :picard:

Go sabotage a railroad, potentially causing death I guarantee you won't have negotiations with anybody but your lawyer.

I'm not talking about now, or in your extreme examples.  The protesters were given their time.  Its always the aim of law enforcement for a "peaceful" negotiated end to situations.  The last resort is force.  I find it hilarious that you are trying to argue the opposite. 

18 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I'm not talking about now, or in your extreme examples.  The protesters were given their time.  Its always the aim of law enforcement for a "peaceful" negotiated end to situations.  The last resort is force.  I find it hilarious that you are trying to argue the opposite. 

The last resort for the military is force. The job of the police is "law enforcement." Which means enforcing the law. I find it hilarious you are not discussing the extremes. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

The last resort for the military is force. The job of the police is "law enforcement." Which means enforcing the law. I find it hilarious you are not discussing the extremes. 

Not discussing the extremes or now because the time for negotiations has passed.  The rail blockades passed the point after JTs presser last week.  Up until then was the negotiation time.   Again, negotiate first, force last.  Only in certain situations (drug bust etc) will there be no negotiation.  The fact you don't get that is sad.