The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wet'suwet'en Protests and Blockades in BC

DonLever

10 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

So you don't recognize the CBC as well ?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/rcmp-snipers-first-nation-pipeline-protest-guardian-1.5405111

Well i guess no Canadian newspaper can match your source for factual news ..... FACEBOOK...

LOL 

Again, it says the EXACT same thing and I addressed all of your salient points provided in the links which provide no evidence or anything.  Even the RCMP are listed to have not seen the "notes" taken during the information session the guardian claims to have happened

.  Feel free to re-ignore my response with quotes taken directly from the links you provided in bold

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Shouldn't everyone be happy right now?  We're ahead of the Preds 3-0 so far tonight.

:)

Does you pause for thought how snarky people are getting - and we're all fans of the same hockey team.

No....

I don't have cable and the streaming site I used to watch hockey is offline :(

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, beni said:

Not sure if these have been posted im not checking through 8 pages. Lets be honest, do major players in other countries want our resources to hit the market? Helllllll no. Just my 2c 

Canada Action. LOL

Canada Action is a Canadian federally-registered non-profit organization launched in 2012 that advances pro-oil and gas industry sentiments through public engagement and social media.

The group was founded by Cody Battershill, a realtor from Calgary, Alberta and advocates for the oil and gas industry in Canada through mainstream and social media and uses online campaigning to generate public support for specific energy projects, like the Alberta oilsands, as well as pipelines and fossil fuel energy sources such as natural gas. Battershill has said publicly that he financed Canada Action with his own money but has refused to say if the organization has received industry or political funds. As a registered non-profit, Canada Action is not required to disclose its sources of funding. with deep ties to the oil and gas industry and the Conservative Party of Canada.

https://thenarwhal.ca/canada-action/

https://www.corporatemapping.ca/profiles/canada-action/

Edited by kingofsurrey

Does it mean that those locals are making it up? No

Random people that have shown up to protest from across NA to protest is any different, how? Where does their money come from? 

I'm not one of those tinfoil hat wearing types that normally comments on anything like this, but I don't trust everything going on. Its costing so much of our tax dollars for crap like this

Edit:

Found more random videos

https://twitter.com/sjmuir/status/1226179222323908610?s=20

Edited by beni
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, beni said:

Random people that have shown up to protest from across NA to protest is any different, how? Where does their money come from? 

I'm not one of those tinfoil hat wearing types that normally comments on anything like this, but I don't trust everything going on. Its costing so much of our tax dollars for crap like this

Leadnow?

Saw speculation that they've organized protests against our pipeline projects before. Not sure if it's true tho.

37 minutes ago, beni said:

Edit:

Found more random videos

https://twitter.com/sjmuir/status/1226179222323908610?s=20

God I feel bad for those people who are getting run over by the professional left wing protestors.  

12 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

image.jpeg.a6d154b0f21b195cd61978c5e367e6cf.jpeg

I’m curious how the numbers look in each country with respect to aboriginal populations.  Disgraceful numbers in any event.  I’ve refrained from saying too much on this thread mainly because I’m woefully ignorant on the subject.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

34 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I’m curious how the numbers look in each country with respect to aboriginal populations.  Disgraceful numbers in any event.  I’ve refrained from saying too much on this thread mainly because I’m woefully ignorant on the subject.

Didn' stop Hip or Canuktravella from commenting here....

13 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

The treatment of first nations is an absolute disgrace and all we get from both parties is fake apologies and lip service. I really like the Alberta approach of directly do business with First Nation reserves, energy, fracking and allowing them to open businesses to empower their communities and show we are united in building a better future for the younger generation. @Jimmy McGill and myself have long said TMX needs to be sold to first nations to bring in more revenue for their people.

resource project partnerships - real ones - are a huge part of whats going to hopefully eliminate the poverty cycle for first nations people in Canada. High hopes I know but I really think this is possible given a couple of things: that aboriginal rights are actually being taken seriously and resource extraction tech is at a place where theres a lot of opportunity. 

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

what an utterly useless comparison, I'm actually surprised MacLean's would publish something like that. 

9 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Canada Action. LOL

So... I haven't seen you post any kind of economic alternative for the 20 bands that want this project. Oh right, you don't have one. 

We need a new law: if you're going to protest something a majority of bands want you need to present an actual viable alternative project. 

I'm very tired of this "no to everything" culture thats taken root in part of the Canadian left. Its just as bad as the pigs on the right that would bulldoze everything and anything.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

So... I haven't seen you post any kind of economic alternative for the 20 bands that want this project. Oh right, you don't have one. 

We need a new law: if you're going to protest something a majority of bands want you need to present an actual viable alternative project. 

I'm very tired of this "no to everything" culture thats taken root in part of the Canadian left. Its just as bad as the pigs on the right that would bulldoze everything and anything.

Greed is a powerful motivator .....