The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Wild trade Jason Zucker to Penguins for Alex Galchenyuk, Calen Addison, conditional 2020 1st-round pick

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

WHOA!  Sorry maybe it's just me but I do not, did not and can not think Zucker has that level of value...

Only one season over 50 points, with his ice time.  $5.5 million until 2023 I mean, I just cannot see him being worth Galchenyuk a 1st AND an add on.

Good thing Pittsburgh won their cups with Crosby and Malkin already

The Pens needed to dump Chucky.  The first was a throw in as incentive for the Wild to take Chucky. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The Pens needed to dump Chucky.  The first was a throw in as incentive for the Wild to take Chucky. 

Doesn't Galchenyuk only have this season left on his deal though?

Seems like a massive overpayment in a 1st and prospect only to use that freed up cap space to get Zucker at $5.5.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, EmilyM said:

Seems like a massive overpayment in a 1st and prospect only to use that freed up cap space to get Zucker at $5.5.

Yeah. He’s a pending UFA. Included to make the cap work for the Pens.  The 1st is for 3 more years of Zucker 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

Correct.

Galyenchuk:

galy.png

Zucker:

zucker.png

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Yeah. He’s a pending UFA. Included to make the cap work for the Pens.  The 1st is for 3 more years of Zucker 

Yeah, I mean that's gonna be a pretty low 1st rounder I guess, but still quite a haul for a guy who I can't imagine will be the guy that punches them over the goal line for another Cup.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Yeah. He’s a pending UFA. Included to make the cap work for the Pens.  The 1st is for 3 more years of Zucker 

Fairest way to look at it for sure - but still does feel like an overpay.

I guess they're pretty used to making trades like this to chase cups though:lol: