The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Wild trade Jason Zucker to Penguins for Alex Galchenyuk, Calen Addison, conditional 2020 1st-round pick

1 minute ago, KirkSave said:

Pitts wanted to round out their top 6 with Guentzel all but done for the year unless they make a run come spring and he can return. Galchenyuk was brought in to be a complimentary piece on the wing but never seemed to find his game in Pitt. 

Yes they overpaid but Crosby and Malkin only have about 3-4 more years of elite, game changing hockey left, so every year is pretty much win now mode.

That's 100% it. 

Terrible trade for Pitts.  Galchenyuk was obviously not a good fit for them.  If you take away this season, he actually has similar #s to Zucker and is only 25yrs.  I can see him doing much better with the Wild.

And also a 1st and a prospect.  :sadno:

I think Zucker will be great in Pittsburgh. He’s produced quite well with Centers nowhere near Crosby/Malkin.

Although Pens overpaid, it beats spending a 1st+ on a high quality rental. Zucker should help them throughout the rest of their window.

• Upvote 1

I think Pittsburgh's done pretty well for themselves here.

- Galchenyuk wasn't getting it done here (he was playing single digit minutes)

- Addison COULD become something but he's still a prospect and we don't know what he'll become

- as mentioned, the first wouldn't be as valuable in a contending window which Pittsburgh's in

- Zucker's got some defensive ability and is on pace for close to 50 points

IF Pittsburgh takes off with Jason on Sid or Geno's flank they could do really well for themselves, getting a top-6 forward for a cap dump, a late 1st and a prospect.

If the dump was worth a 1st (can't imagine AG has any value), then it'd be 3 years of Zucker for a prospect.

1 minute ago, Bitter Melon said:

Suddenly I dont blame Minny for thinking they could get Boeser for Zucker if this is the return they land.

Not that I would trade him but that means Boeser would get us 2  1sts and a grade A D prospect. Stupid thing to do as our team needs good players now though.

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

They gave up more than we did for Miller.

Addison is a pretty good D prospect and Gal is a pretty decent project for Minny.

This. There are many media types that owe JB an apology for roasting him for the Miller trade. 

1 minute ago, Tower102 said:

Is Gal just a cap dump or does Minny plan on resigning him? If they don't plan on resigning him what could they get retaining half his salary and trading him to a contender at the deadline?

Project player. I expect them to rebuild probably so they can afford to take chances on players like Gal. If he pans out he's 25 and could either be a better trade asset or keep around as they get competitive.

Pens forced to make this trade now and over pay because of Guentzel injury. 

How good does that Miller deal look now. 

Called it from day one JB made a great trade when he traded for Miller. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1