The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 10, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Of course Bure is a Canuck at heart he gave his best years and went to the SCF. Gave everything he had every game. He was treated like complete trash by management and left. But he still makes appearances and even took time out to make a video. Im sure if he could have he would have been here. He still has alot of connections in canada. 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, apollo said:

If true then I give him a pass haha 

Listen I don't hate Pavel, I could see how my post rubbed people the wrong way. 

He's a legend. But Steamer, Nazzy and Trev are far more Canucks at heart than Pavel is. That's all I'm saying. 

I genuinely think he doesn't like the spotlight and it gives him anxiety. B Mac talked about this during his retirement I believe. 

Pavel might have had more elite talent than Nazzy Steamer and Trev... But deep down inside, he's just not a Canuck at heart. 

well yes, he did demand a trade

Not much different than Kesler, Nedved or Janney

But with that said, the Canucks have made their share of mistakes,

Robitaille, Malholtra, Kassian, Rypien, Luongo come to mind

Felt like we really needed this one. The GDTs were starting to get a little ugly, must admit I don't feel like staying when I see people just brutally cutting down our players and not just the usual suspects either. This is a young team still learning and developing their identity, there will be some bumps along the way. We have to realize that its a process of maturation with this team.

14 minutes ago, Toews said:

Felt like we really needed this one. The GDTs were starting to get a little ugly, must admit I don't feel like staying when I see people just brutally cutting down our players and not just the usual suspects either. This is a young team still learning and developing their identity, there will be some bumps along the way. We have to realize that its a process of maturation with this team.

When a team strings togather a fre games like the ones this past week, criticism will follow every single time.

• -AJ- unfeatured and unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, lmm said:

well yes, he did demand a trade

Not much different than Kesler, Nedved or Janney

But with that said, the Canucks have made their share of mistakes,

Robitaille, Malholtra, Kassian, Rypien, Luongo come to mind

How was Malholtra and Rypien the teams fault? Manny got tagged not wearing a visor. Rypien had off ice issues that I'm pretty sure he didn't discuss with management. 

Maybe the team tried with Kassian, but if you think you don't have a problem, and until you want to change yourself it's hard for the team to make him gets his life in control.

Luongo was the fault of the GM trying to be too smart for his own good. And to be honest the amount of money saved on the crazy contract really wasn't that much. Maybe $600,000 to $1 million per season? 

Edited by Ghostsof1915

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

How was Malholtra and Rypien the teams fault? Manny got tagged not wearing a visor. Rypien had off ice issues that I'm pretty sure he didn't discuss with management. 

Maybe the team tried with Kassian, but if you think you don't have a problem, and until you want to change yourself it's hard for the team to make him gets his life in control.

Luongo was the fault of the GM trying to be too smart for his own good. And to be honest the amount of money saved on the crazy contract really wasn't that much. Maybe $600,000 to $1 million per season? 

You are right, with glowing support like that, I am pretty sure that the team maybe is run by saints

I would explain to you after care, but I am pretty sure you have made up your mind and I maybe just waisting my breath

I am more than pretty sure other teams have done a better job with players with mental and physical issues, but you just plug your ears and shut your eyes and you will be a happy person

40 minutes ago, lmm said:

You are right, with glowing support like that, I am pretty sure that the team maybe is run by saints

I would explain to you after care, but I am pretty sure you have made up your mind and I maybe just waisting my breath

I am more than pretty sure other teams have done a better job with players with mental and physical issues, but you just plug your ears and shut your eyes and you will be a happy person

Or maybe it's you that has your own agenda and refuse to believe anything else? 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, apollo said:

If true then I give him a pass haha 

Listen I don't hate Pavel, I could see how my post rubbed people the wrong way. 

He's a legend. But Steamer, Nazzy and Trev are far more Canucks at heart than Pavel is. That's all I'm saying. 

I genuinely think he doesn't like the spotlight and it gives him anxiety. B Mac talked about this during his retirement I believe. 

Pavel might have had more elite talent than Nazzy Steamer and Trev... But deep down inside, he's just not a Canuck at heart. 

Great story from Drance about Gino Odjick going to Russia and pounding on the doors of a KGB building asking for Bure.

Pavel Bure has caused me a lot of ups and downs as a fan... he was my biggest hero as a kid, the Russian Rocket. I was pretty young, I was MAD when he changed his number from 10 to 96... felt like he betrayed me :lol: ... then when he requested the trade... So angry. As I get older I recognize there was likely more at play... and I believe this is the management/ownership group that chased Wayne Gretzky away from a done deal... the mis-mangement was real.

But most importantly, he is best buds with Gino Odjick. Gino is heart and soul Canucks... I can't imagine Gino would be best buds with someone who hated being a Canuck at heart.

Edited by awalk
  • Like 2

On 2/11/2020 at 5:50 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

SEDIN WEEK | Legends Night

SEDIN WEEK | Legends Presser

FULL REPLAY | Zack MacEwen's 1-0 Goal

FULL REPLAY | Brandon Sutter's 2-0 Goal

FULL REPLAY | Jordie Benn's 3-0 Goal

FULL REPLAY | Elias Pettersson's 4-0 Goal

FULL REPLAY | J.T. Miller's 5-2 Goal

FULL REPLAY | Jake Virtanen's 6-2 Goal

CONDENSED GAME | Predators at Canucks

Thank you so much VC... 

You, as always, are the real MVP (together with the army of great posters), who dedicate their time/life to give all of us the opportunity to follow the team we care for, as closely as possible. :)

Please if at all possible post as much as you can from whats being shown on TV from the Sedins retirement night... 

Was at this game...Sedins sitting in the box behind us with the other legends....class acts, Linden, Naslund, Smyl and the Sedins.

Both Sedins standing in the box when they were acknowledged and watching their highlites...game stopped, players on both teams, on the ice, looking up at the jumbotron watching the high lights and tapping their sticks....it was a special moment.

as far as the game, proper use of depth helped win the game...along with Marky

Hughes was phenomenal.

• Cheers 1

On 2/11/2020 at 2:14 PM, apollo said:

Missed the game last night sadly... Was on the ice instead. Looks like a missed I doozy. 

Loved the pregame ceremony. How good looking are steamer trev and nazzy? 

Didn't buy Bure's video one bit. It's a shame that a guy who isn't a Canuck at heart, has his # retired (even though u could argue he was the most talented of the 4) 

Bure should be a ring of honor guy and that's it. 

Very disrespectful not to show up and just send a video if u ask me. Visa issues? Yea right. 

Anyways what a win! How long have we been in first place now? A month? 

Some wounded egos never heal.