The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roussell Fined

Rate this topic

Squamfan

Rousell taking one for the team here. This is retaliation for Greens comments on the non call on the late hit on Petey. This league is a joke. If I didn't love the game and the Canucks so much I'd quite watching. Crap calls and favouritism are the norm.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

I assumed it was for throwing his stick into the stands. The slash was nothing more than the double minor he received. The refs handled it adequately on the ice. Ridiculous that it received more supplemental discipline.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

What a draconian league. Speak your mind and criticize officials who fail miserably at their jobs, and pay for it.

I always said there’s a reason why Green usually keeps his mouth shut in interviews

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I always said there’s a reason why Green usually keeps his mouth shut in interviews

I think a lot of that has to do with him not wanting to share information with the local press. I'd be interested to know what the "rulebook" is. Are coaches and GMs told upon being hired that the league has no interest in the freedom of expression or speech, and that the DoPS and the officials are the best in the world?

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think a lot of that has to do with him not wanting to share information with the local press. I'd be interested to know what the "rulebook" is. Are coaches and GMs told upon being hired that the league has no interest in the freedom of expression or speech, and that the DoPS and the officials are the best in the world?

For sure. He doesn’t like to fuel any fire the media/press is wanting to start. They are always poking around and I respect him for keeping his mouth shut for that reason. But when people/fans are questioning his coaching because the didn’t hear what they wanted to hear in regards to push back on post game interviews. Rousell is a perfect example of why Green just says things like it’s a tough team, tough league, gotta work through it because the league is just waiting to pull this crap. 

I’m not sure what they are told upon hiring, that’s probably something we’ll never know. But I’m sure there’s some sort of fine print there 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Once again, the Department of Pathetic Stupidity has made a decision that makes no sense. Roussel did something that numerous players do each week, without incident, yet Parros and his mushbrain deem it finable.

He needs pocket change in order to go to the salon for his poorly groomed facial pubes

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

He needs pocket change in order to go to the salon for his poorly groomed facial pubes

Not just saying this because of this incident,  but how this process hasnt been fixed,  and Parros is still making these decisions is unbelievable.  It really is. 

Ridiculous!

Rous clearly got fined because of his reputation and for the DOPS trying to cover their butts for their awful handling of suspensions. So Petey gets hit from behind on a dangerous play; no suspension or fine is given and something so minor like this worthy of a fine???

Makes perfect sense! :picard:

5 hours ago, Down by the River said:

AND I was confused as to why people thought this was unreasonable until I saw that he got fined for a slash and not for (inadvertently) tossing a stick over the glass. 

I like that people think Parros is smart because he went to an Ivy league school. Do people not understand how things work when you're an athlete at a Div I NCAA school?

Law degrees from Princeton carry a lot of weight - he's is or at least used to be, a smart guy.   He made a fincancial decision to play in the NHL at the time - at least that's what he said back when he was playing, imagine that.   Nice to be 6'5" and grow a kickass mustache right?

The problem with Parros isn't his education - it's just like it's always been  with these guys, a conflict of interest (and wildly inconsistent supplementary discipline) with former players or executives getting his job.   At least use a ref if your going to do that - impartiality is questionable with each of his sentences - including a reverse sort of monster with the "justice" he's layed out towards former teammates/teams he's associated with just to send a message that he really IS impartial which is just a joke (that is getting way more then what's deserved if you've played with him or his teams in the past).

Ken Campbell did a good article on this a month ago and used examples (I'm too lazy).  Parros lost me last year with his unreal absolutely ridiculous suspension on Wilson - which also showed the appeal process was a total joke too given how long it took - as well Parros not understanding grade 2 arithmetic given his explanation for how he came to 20 or so games didn't add up - literally.    Maybe it's more about the mustache then the grades when it comes to Parros.   It is pretty kick ass.

Shanny, Grimson, Campbell, Burke, Parros - it's time we got an actual expert running the show - if it's got to be a hockey guy then pick a ref to do it.   If not then no more players executives please.   The guy/gal running this show has to be impartial- Parros is most definitely not.  And really bad at it too, except for the mustache part - that's top level stuff right there. 

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Law degrees from Princeton carry a lot of weight - he's is or at least used to be, a smart guy.   He made a fincancial decision to play in the NHL at the time - at least that's what he said back when he was playing, imagine that.   Nice to be 6'5" and grow a kickass mustache right?

The problem with Parros isn't his education - it's just like it's always been  with these guys, a conflict of interest (and wildly inconsistent supplementary discipline) with former players or executives getting his job.   At least use a ref if your going to do that - impartiality is questionable with each of his sentences - including a reverse sort of monster with the "justice" he's layed out towards former teammates/teams he's associated with just to send a message that he really IS impartial which is just a joke (that is getting way more then what's deserved if you've played with him or his teams in the past).

Ken Campbell did a good article on this a month ago and used examples (I'm too lazy).  Parros lost me last year with his unreal absolutely ridiculous suspension on Wilson - which also showed the appeal process was a total joke too given how long it took - as well Parros not understanding grade 2 arithmetic given his explanation for how he came to 20 or so games didn't add up - literally.    Maybe it's more about the mustache then the grades when it comes to Parros.   It is pretty kick ass.

Shanny, Grimson, Campbell, Burke, Parros - it's time we got an actual expert running the show - if it's got to be a hockey guy then pick a ref to do it.   If not then no more players executives please.   The guy/gal running this show has to be impartial- Parros is most definitely not.  And really bad at it too, except for the mustache part - that's top level stuff right there. 

True, except Parros doesn't have one. And, while it might carry a lot of weight, it doesn't necessarily mean that the person holding the title is smart.

Alex Killorn talked about how being a student at Harvard he didn't even really need to try because everyone else there was so intensely focused on getting As that the bottom tier of students basically picked up Bs by default.

Have a look at the UNC basketball scandal. They made fake classes for their athletes. This was an A-:

unc essay rosa parks

https://www.businessinsider.com/ncaa-unc-athlete-essay-decision-sanctions-2017-10

It is a stupid fine but it won't break the bank. But the league is not our friends. It never has been.  And fans on here are vocal and have no problem voicing their displeasure, especially when our star players are treated like pinatas and nothing of consequence happens.