The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[REPORT] - Wild threaten to trade more players

grandmaster

4 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

What dyu think of the trade?

I have debated the Minny D with you before. Agreeing they had a great top 4. Weak depth was my input.  I really like their addition of Addison.  Maybe 2 years away.  But they needed some skill in their prospect base as well on D.

I like the deal.   Not just because of the return but also because it's a much needed rebuilding move, while also opening up a top-6 spot for Kaprisov.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Oh no *,faints*

I'd  be heart broken if we traded away talent like Schaller, Eriksson and Baertschi for a couple of plugs like greenway, kunin and dumba....:bigblush:

I'd be heartbroken if we didnt trade at least one of those wastes of cap

Guerin knows he needs to match the effort he's asking for from his players if the team is to make a postseason run.

"We're going to do our best, we know where we stand right now and what we need to address and we'll keep working towards it," Guerin added.

Gotta give him this much = he's adept with the doublespeak.

We just traded a 14 goal scorer for a struggling, expiring 5 goal scorer (4.9 million contract)...but we're gonna 'keep working at it', to do our best to make a postseason run. 

Lulz.

2 hours ago, smokes said:

Baertchi for anyone

They know our cap situation and his health. They are asking for picks and/or prospects to take Baer off our hands. Which honestly if we could get rid of him for a 2nd rounder, likely next season so as not to miss both our 1st and 2nd this draft, I'd do it. But anything more than that and I'd rather just try sell Sutter in the offseason. His health question marks aren't as severe and with his play this season would have legit value where we actually get something opposed to having to pay something to move him. If we have to retain a mil to make a Sutter deal work and walk away with a 2nd rounder or B prospect that's a win in my books.

On 2/11/2020 at 1:57 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

Tomorrow he trades Suter and Parise. Then schedules another presser "You see! I told you I was serious! Now play goddamn you! PLAY!!!!!!!!" 

No one in their right mind takes on those contracts.

Both signed for 6 more years. Past their 41st birthdays. 

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

No one in their right mind takes on those contracts.

Both signed for 6 more years. Past their 41st birthdays. 

Amazing how a decision like that can put a franchise back a decade.

I know people on here like to complain about Eriksson, but at least his salary isn’t crippling our team right now.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Amazing how a decision like that can put a franchise back a decade.

I know people on here like to complain about Eriksson, but at least his salary isn’t crippling our team right now.

Neither are those contracts for now.

Parise has 21 goals on the season.   Sutter still plays close to 25 minutes a night and is on pace for 55pts.  Those contracts could get ugly down the stretch but for now they are not limiting the Wild.  It's not them the issue.