The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Canadian Blockbuster Hockey Trade

The Habs and Canucks should consider bringing Carey Price back home to B.C.

What could canucks offer to make this work as a win win for both teams, consider

Markstrom           Price

Boeser                 Domi

Erickson               Kovalchuk

Stetcher

Money works both ways in cap, deal gets done at ownership level. 

Just think about it and tell me why it's not good for hockey in Canada.

• Wat 1

Why does Montreal do this? Markstrom is good but a pending UFA. Boeser is great but is injury prone and Domi has had better overall seasons and plays a more rounded game. Kovalchuk can likely fetch a 2nd or 3rd while Eriksson is a legit cap dump. Stetcher is a pending RFA bottom 4 D. Not exactly a hard to find asset 

Edited by qwijibo

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Why does Montreal do this? Markstrom is good but a pending UFA. Boeser is great but is injury prone and Domi has had better overall seasons and a more rounded game. Kovalchuk can likely fetch a 2nd or 3rd while Eriksson is a boba ford cap dump. Stetcher is a pending RFA bottom 4 D. Not exactly a hard to find asset 

tenor.gif?itemid=10721560

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, FinchBird said:

The Habs and Canucks should consider bringing Carey Price back home to B.C.

What could canucks offer to make this work as a win win for both teams, consider

Markstrom           Price

Boeser                 Domi

Erickson               Kovalchuk

Stetcher

Money works both ways in cap, deal gets done at ownership level. 

Just think about it and tell me why it's not good for hockey in Canada.

play predictions GIF

Just now, qwijibo said:

Why does Montreal fo this? Markstrom is good but a pretending UFA. Boeser is great but is injury prone and Domi has had better overall seasons and a more rounded game. Kovalchuk can likely fetch a 2nd or 3rd while Eriksson is a boba ford cap dump. Stetcher is a pending RFA bottom 4 D. Not exactly a hard to find asset 

Habs window to move him is now or never, Canucks are the best option for Carey to Win the Cup in next 3 years, after that Canucks will be looking to dump his Cap

1 minute ago, FinchBird said:

Habs window to move him is now or never, Canucks are the best option for Carey to Win the Cup in next 3 years, after that Canucks will be looking to dump his Cap

Bergevin has pointedly said he won’t even accept calls on Price (opposed to when he said Subban wasn’t being shopped. Very different verbiage). They arent looking to move him. If they do it won’t be in a deal where they lose on every aspect of the trade. 

2 minutes ago, FinchBird said:

I'm thinking that Markstrom may be better than Price now, and I'd prefer to keep the better goalie. Replace Markstrom with Edler, and Price with Weber, and it looks a little better.

Still wouldn't fly though.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Auto correct is an oxymoron these days.

I’ve been toying with the idea of resetting my phones dictionary. At this point I’m convinced my fiancé goes in and teaches it stuff while I’m sleeping just to make me look bad. Lol 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'm thinking that Markstrom may be better than Price now, and I'd prefer to keep the better goalie. Replace Markstrom with Edler, and Price with Weber, and it looks a little better.

Still wouldn't fly though.

Who do you want in a game 7, Price or Markstrom, would not touch Weber with a 10 foot poll

11 minutes ago, FinchBird said:

No it's not.  The Seattle NHLers could select him in the expansion draft if he agrees to waive his NMC.  He could be a hero in Seattle like MAF is in Vegas.