Sign in to follow this  
tan

[Proposal]VAN -COL

Recommended Posts

I would trade Sutter if there is a deal out there and Sutter is alway hurt and one season left at 4.3 million...We are up against the cap and we will have to drop some salary..

We can get by without Sutter so yes make the trade....This will help sign some more valuable players this summer..

Markstrom 30,  4 yrs x 5.4 million -- has to have trade clause for expansion draft, will have to decide on Markstrom or Demko by May 2021..

Virtanen  23- will be getting new big contract--- 3 yrs x 3.3 million

Gaudette  23-- 2 yrs x 1.7 million - show me contract..

Lievo  26-- 2yrs x 1.7 million

Stetcher  25,  -- 3 yrs 3.5 million -- I think he will be traded with Rafferty and Juolevi  ready to play 5th D spot..

Tanev  30 - 4 yrs x 4.8 million discount ? First healthy season in years playing great with Hughes.. Might trade if great return?

 

Edited by wildcam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, hammertime said:

Honestly why would we help them? Watching Sutter shut down the Canucks in the playoffs  would be a damn bitter pill.

Yes, watching Colorado’s Brandon Sutter shut down the Canucks in the 3rd round would truly be tragic, and is very likely to occur.   Would this happen before or after I become Carly Agro’s wife?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Sutter is currently a 3line RW on our team. That could change with Ferland and Motte coming back. Not to mention MacEwan who I think should be full time on the team and honourable mention to Baily and Graovac 

 

We might want to free up a contract spot aswell if Madden is going to be offered a contract after this year. 

It is called Depth!!

 

On a crap team he would be a 2C....who cares. 

 

Anyway, he is not going anywhere. JB did not build a solid team with depth like Sutter to try to trade him at the deadline.  Such a weird concept....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wildcam said:

I would trade Sutter if there is a deal out there and Sutter is alway hurt and one season left at 4.3 million...We are up against the cap and we will have to drop some salary..

We can get by without Sutter so yes make the trade....

Tanev  30 - 4 yrs x 4.8 million discount ? First healthy season in years playing great with Hughes.. Might trade if great return?

 

Good grief this post is ridiculous imo.

 

So we are fine without Sutter?  If Horvat goes down, we sure as hell are not fine.

 

And again with the trade Tanev silly narrative. The reason Hughes got the room to play the way he needs to....

 

Ugh....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sutter has one contract year left. If he remains healthy, definitely worth a 3rd at TDL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sutter will definitely have to be move with the cap we'll need this off-season.

 

Whether we can afford to move him now or teams be willing to take a chance on him without seeing him healthy for a long stretch IDK.

 

Leivo and Motte will probably be coming back in mid-March and Ferland near the end of this month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

According to Benning we are in good shape on the cap. He’s not going to move someone who makes our team better going into the playoffs. If Sutter was playing for another team, Benning would be offering a 3rd or better to acquire him right now.

 

We are in compete mode, not rebuild mode!

I also heard Benning's comments regarding cap. And I agree that we are in pretty good shape, but there are some reasonably tough decisions to make over the next two years, beginning as early as this year's TDL. I interpret JB's comments as "it's OK, no need to panic". And he's right, no panic required. But some smart decisions ARE needed. We are not rebuilding, but like all competing teams, you need to make minor roster changes year-on-year to remain competitive.

 

I'm not trying to drag you into a discussion on cap, especially if this is not of interest to you, but if JB retains all of his depth for the 2020 playoffs then we will enter next season with cap space of $18.0m, but out of that space we are forced to pay the performance bonuses from the 2019/20 season, which could be as high as $4.9m.

 

This means cap space for 2020/21 could be only $13.1m. Using that space we need to sign or resign 3 forwards, 3 defencemen and 1 goalie.

 

In order to remain competitive next season, JB will need to create more space than $13.1m by moving on from 2 or 3 of the following players: Markstrom, Tanev, Sutter, Baertschi, Stecher or Eriksson. And replace them with young talent on ELC's.

 

I think most of us agree that Markstrom is a keeper. Tanev is our best defensive player and is an excellent partner for Hughes. And that Eriksson will cost a lot to move, so may not be worth moving at this stage.

 

So that really leaves the likes of Sutter and Baertschi as guys that, although they provide excellent depth and leadership, they are moveable compared to Markstrom, Tanev and Eriksson, and we have depth in their positions that can more readily take on the role that they leave behind.

 

My opinion is that Sutter and Baer will be easiest to move at this year's TDL because cup contenders are looking for depth and injury cover.

 

I also see your point of view, and of course it would be great to keep them as OUR depth and injury cover, but I believe that is a luxury we cannot afford right now. It would be prudent to act now and move Sutter and Baer if at all possible.

 

Cheers. GCG!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

I also heard Benning's comments regarding cap. And I agree that we are in pretty good shape, but there are some reasonably tough decisions to make over the next two years, beginning as early as this year's TDL. I interpret JB's comments as "it's OK, no need to panic". And he's right, no panic required. But some smart decisions ARE needed. We are not rebuilding, but like all competing teams, you need to make minor roster changes year-on-year to remain competitive.

 

I'm not trying to drag you into a discussion on cap, especially if this is not of interest to you, but if JB retains all of his depth for the 2020 playoffs then we will enter next season with cap space of $18.0m, but out of that space we are forced to pay the performance bonuses from the 2019/20 season, which could be as high as $4.9m.

 

This means cap space for 2020/21 could be only $13.1m. Using that space we need to sign or resign 3 forwards, 3 defencemen and 1 goalie.

 

In order to remain competitive next season, JB will need to create more space than $13.1m by moving on from 2 or 3 of the following players: Markstrom, Tanev, Sutter, Baertschi, Stecher or Eriksson. And replace them with young talent on ELC's.

 

I think most of us agree that Markstrom is a keeper. Tanev is our best defensive player and is an excellent partner for Hughes. And that Eriksson will cost a lot to move, so may not be worth moving at this stage.

 

So that really leaves the likes of Sutter and Baertschi as guys that, although they provide excellent depth and leadership, they are moveable compared to Markstrom, Tanev and Eriksson, and we have depth in their positions that can more readily take on the role that they leave behind.

 

My opinion is that Sutter and Baer will be easiest to move at this year's TDL because cup contenders are looking for depth and injury cover.

 

I also see your point of view, and of course it would be great to keep them as OUR depth and injury cover, but I believe that is a luxury we cannot afford right now. It would be prudent to act now and move Sutter and Baer if at all possible.

 

Cheers. GCG!

 

Although there's no hard evidence that Eriksson will retire this summer, there's a lot of reasons to believe that he will, freeing up 6 million in space.

 

Eriksson wanted 6 year term because he wanted stability for his kids in school. He won't make this team next season, and I don't think they are willing to just buy him out. That means that Eriksson would lose control of where he plays as for next season, we would get more cap relief by assigning him to Utica, than buying him out. 

 

Personally, I think Eriksson will take his 3 million bonus in the summer and retire from the NHL and possibly assume a position with the team. 

 

Baertschi, I think might get moved at the deadline as I think he deserves to be in the NHL, but there isn't a place for him here

 

Just my thoughts 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

This means cap space for 2020/21 could be only $13.1m. Using that space we need to sign or resign 3 forwards, 3 defencemen and 1 goalie

Also Spooner and Luongo that is another 4 mil

 

 

8 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

I think most of us agree that Markstrom is a keeper. Tanev is our best defensive player and is an excellent partner for Hughes. And that Eriksson will cost a lot to move, so may not be worth moving at this stage.

 

So that really leaves the likes of Sutter and Baertschi as guys that, although they provide excellent depth and leadership, they are moveable compared to Markstrom, Tanev and Eriksson, and we have depth in their positions that can more readily take on the role that they leave behind

If Markstrom is kept then Demko goes.

Baertschi was been waived twice so no value there, maybe a buy out but that impacts the cap.

Tanev will want at least an Edler deal so 6 mil with term and a NMC.

Sutter's recent medical history, well with retention?

 

6 for Tanev add 1.5 to the cap, 7 for Marky adds 3.5 to the cap, so they can be done.But with the current players all healthy the team is over the cap by quite a bit now.

 

Today the team has 13.4 mil in injured reserve (players) and they are just under the cap by $30,474.00 That doesn't count bonuses deducted added to the cap next year. There will have to be many players moving this summer.

 

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Although there's no hard evidence that Eriksson will retire this summer, there's a lot of reasons to believe that he will, freeing up 6 million in space

 

 5 mil cap hit next year

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Lazurus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

 

 5 mil cap hit next year

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Look at comparable in the market. Although I would really hope that he would give that big of a discount to stay with the Canucks, realistically on the open market, with how he's playing, he's 6.5 - 7 million.

 

Really depends on how much he likes Vancouver. Maybe we'll luck out and he'll do 5.5 for 3 or 4 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2020 at 4:03 PM, tan said:

To: COL Brandon Sutter

 

To: Van 3rd draft pick

 

Why Van do this: dump Sutter's salary. Have  Gaudette, Adam pushing for 3rd C

Why Col do this: need 3rd C after Kadri out rest of the year...

with playoffs coming why trade to a team you will have go through to get to cup final, Sakic did us no favour on draft floor last year. NO WAY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2020 at 12:51 PM, FinchBird said:

with playoffs coming why trade to a team you will have go through to get to cup final, Sakic did us no favour on draft floor last year. NO WAY

It is the best time to get rid of sutter's contract! He has no value if we try to trade him after season. Who wants a 20 Points+ 3rd C that miss half of the season with 4.3 mil Cap? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DarkIndianRises said:

To Colorado:  Jacob Markstrom 

To Vancouver:  Bowen Byram.

 

 

Do ya do it?

Colorado doesn’t 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would rather give up Beagle. I know his salary is less savings but it helps us more going forward (one less year) and I feel Sutter's ability to play wing, up and down the lineup as well as chip in for scoring more than Beagle makes him the more valuable player for our current team.

 

Yes, Sutter has had injury issues - I am not oblivious. But I still view him as the better option to retain over Beagle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2020 at 6:46 PM, coastal.view said:

loui says hi from the bench of all recent games

 

edler says hi from the last half of last season

(and reminds you he blocked a trade to calgary)

 

you can say whatever you want on here

but you completely underestimate the value of contract clauses

and ignore the blow back that will happen to this team

if it treats veteran players poorly

Edler blocked a trade to Calgary last season? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZH96 said:

Edler blocked a trade to Calgary last season? 

yes
you did not notice?

he is still on the nuck team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coastal.view said:

yes
you did not notice?

he is still on the nuck team

I never heard that rumour is what I meant. Only ever heard about him blocking a trade to Detroit years back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.