The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Hawks @ Nucks - Feb 12 2020 - 7:30pm Pacific - SNET - SEDIN SPECTACULAR

Rate this topic

xereau

2 hours ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Anyone want to share their best Hank and Danny memories?

My and my bestie happened to be at the last home game in 2010 against Calgary when Daniel scored the between the legs hat-trick goal. Henrik got 4 points that made him pass Ovie for the league lead and ended up clinching the Art Ross the next day. It was unreal. Chants of “MVP” were everywhere in the building, out of the building and continued through the night. A night I will never forget.

Thank you Sedins. You’re inspirations for all people striving for decency in this world!:towel::wub:

In the year 2000, I was dating a first generation Canadian who's parents were Swedish.  Every year the Swede community in Vancouver gathers for a Christmas celebration called Santa Lucia.  That year it was at the convention center, and I met the Sedins.  If I had any inkling of what was going to come, I would've at least asked for an autograph from the two fresh faced meatballs. 

One of my mom friends is a teacher and one of the other teachers at her school won canucks tickets at a suite to a canucks vs kings game. Luckily for me, that other teacher wasn't into the canucks so I got to go to the game. We had to take some other path to get to the suites and on our way there we had to take a elevator. 

On that elevator, two people came on who were probably fans but they had somehow met the Sedins and they were talking so I could clearly hear everything. 

They were laughing and mentioned meeting the Sedins and how both of took out their right hand out at the exact same time, in the exact same way, turned their head in exactly the same way, and said"Hi, I'm Daniel". 

I wish i was at the game mannn gonna have a tear in my eye for sure seeing those jersey go up to the rafters.. seeing And watching the sedins all my childhood till now is something i will cherish for the rest of my life, 2 canucks icons who displayed unique ways to score goals and just having fun...

gonna be a dandy vs blackhawks the old rivalsss

11 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

Whenever we play the Hawks, this is the first thing i think about

I was literally rolling on the ground like Burrows.

I still think with a full team, we sweep the Bruins. And without Rome suspension, we still have a chance to beat them in 7. It's not that I underestimate the Bruins, they had a great team built on strong physical play and defensive system that keeps the opponents to the outside, and obviously a hot goaltender. But that Canucks team had balance like I've never seen before. Basically every defenceman was a top 2 or top 4 defencemen: Hamhuis, Salo, Ehrhoff, Edler, Bieksa, Ballard (although he didn't earn the trust of the coach). Depth at forward; I realized we even had Samuelsson that year. I was like who is that guy wearing 26?? 

In fact, if Chicago was on the Eastern conference, these two teams would have met in the SCF and that goal should have been the cup clinching goal. They met too soon. 

4 hours ago, JoGuitar said:

I love our team now, but those couple seasons where Hank and Danny were at their peak were something special. I can't wait to see what Bo, Boes, Petey and Huggy do in their prime.

Special indeed. They changed the way the game is played. Almost, reinvented the cycle game not to mention inventing many new plays that never existed before.

I feel that Petey is a special kind of player that will surpass Sedins' accomplishments. And obviously, we've never had Hughes type of player before. I have a feeling that this new core is going to take us to the cup.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Unknown1995 said:

One of my mom friends is a teacher and one of the other teachers at her school won canucks tickets at a suite to a canucks vs kings game. Luckily for me, that other teacher wasn't into the canucks so I got to go to the game. We had to take some other path to get to the suites and on our way there we had to take a elevator. 

On that elevator, two people came on who were probably fans but they had somehow met the Sedins and they were talking so I could clearly hear everything. 

They were laughing and mentioned meeting the Sedins and how both of took out their right hand out at the exact same time, in the exact same way, turned their head in exactly the same way, and said"Hi, I'm Daniel". 

lol Knowing them, it's a designed play.

First thing I did this morning:   

I remember standing in my living room, cheering/yelling at my TV all game, and enjoying the final moments in a half-drunken emotional glow. I sooooo wish that I were going to the game tonight, but couldn't justify the $450 tickets so I'll have to enjoy the festivities from home. Going to be a special night.

• Cheers 1

I was lucky enough to be at the Sedins' last game in Edmonton when I lived there. The Oilers and their fans were very classy, especially since it was their Fan Appreciation night as well. The blurry pictures are of the Sedins' last shift and the Oilers lining up to congratulate them.

IMG_4244.thumb.jpg.32c6035fbba879da14f85defde66ba4f.jpgIMG_4245.thumb.jpg.a9ef16decece3a67aba47ca9ff259c82.jpg

It's going to be very special to see their numbers up in the rafters after so many years of great play together! Wish I could be there tonight but will be watching every minute here!

Edited by prinzmetals_angina
  • Cheers 1