The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Hawks @ Nucks - Feb 12 2020 - 7:30pm Pacific - SNET - SEDIN SPECTACULAR

Rate this topic

xereau

You have to love this Chicago rivalry. Always eventful, entertaining, and full of surprises! This goes back to the good old Sweathog Division days, and the playoffs in '81 when they battled in that Stanley Cup run. How special that some of the participants in the latest Stanley Cup run are going to be in Rogers Arena tonight. Toews, Kane, Keith, Burrows, Luongo, Bieksa, Kesler, and Hansen. I'm almost as excited as I would be if this were a playoff game tonight.

• Like 1

I'm more excited about this ceremony and game than I thought I would be. Days leading up to this, I was sort of "meh, of course theyr'e getting their jerseys retired, we've known this for years really." But now that it's the actual day, I've been remeniscing about all of the great plays, great goals, their charity work, etc. over the many years. How lucky we've all been to witness their magic. I was actually supposed to see Soulfly in concert tonight, but I'm blowing that off to watch Sedin night. Must win. 

• Like 1

This is the kind of thing that you can easily take for granted before you realize that you could easily go the rest of your life without seeing another jersey retired, let alone two at once. The Sedins are synonymous with the franchise, and we're lucky to get to see players like that dress for our team during our lifetime.

24 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I'm more excited about this ceremony and game than I thought I would be. Days leading up to this, I was sort of "meh, of course theyr'e getting their jerseys retired, we've known this for years really." But now that it's the actual day, I've been remeniscing about all of the great plays, great goals, their charity work, etc. over the many years. How lucky we've all been to witness their magic. I was actually supposed to see Soulfly in concert tonight, but I'm blowing that off to watch Sedin night. Must win. 

I'll bang my head a few times for you

• Haha 1