The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Richard Bachman signs in Sweden

35 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Good for him to go to a team for more ice time and hopefully more money.

I doubt its more money, but its probably a very nice way to finish off a career. Guys been everywhere, i wonder if there's a goalie coaching future for him?

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I doubt its more money, but its probably a very nice way to finish off a career. Guys been everywhere, i wonder if there's a goalie coaching future for him?

Yeah.... I just decided to search online and his AHL salary is about $270k (I believe most of it has already been paid out to him).... so maybe he's potentially leaving money on the table?  Unless he's going to be lights out in the SHL and will be extending his career over there.  

1 minute ago, Lancaster said:

Yeah.... I just decided to search online and his AHL salary is about $270k (I believe most of it has already been paid out to him).... so maybe he's potentially leaving money on the table?  Unless he's going to be lights out in the SHL and will be extending his career over there.  

my guess is he'll still be drawing his Canucks salary and has just been allowed to go get playing time elsewhere. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

So you're basically asking if he'll be BACH? :bigblush:

• Haha 2

This is a good thing, I'm assuming that Canucks and Bachman have agreed to mutual contract termination, meaning that we drop to 46 currently taken. Gives us more room to sign Tryamkin, Rathbone, Madden etc, and still maybe pickup another college undrafted free agent.