Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best Sedin Stat

Rate this topic


danjr

Recommended Posts

Well first off I love them both.  Maybe Daniel more.

The most impressive stat I have unearthed is by Henrik.

 

He had the 6th longest ironman streak.  20 players had 500 or more games streak.

Out of all 6500 NHL players only 20 players were that durable.
From all of those players with Streaks, only one ever led their team in scoring.  Henrik Sedin.  (Brent Burns recently led his team while an ironman)
He is also the only player to have a 500 game ironman streak and win the scoring title.  (He was 400+ games at the time)

My other fav stat is Daniels Game and OT winners.


Another curiosity is that Henrik has 7 Short Handed Goals, While Daniel has none.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OT is more of an era thing, though still an impressive stat.


The Ironman streak, for the hard minutes Hank played on the boards, is absolutely incredible.

 

He put his body on the line for the team, and I think everyone knows it.

 

People called them soft, because they were actually hard as nails.

 

Their cycle changed the game. Big slow players got out balanced and made to look foolish.

 

The game changed around them, and because of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like AJ said,... but for me, their retirement date was the stat I am still most happy with. 

I was so sick of Sedin hockey by the end, an end (month of hockey) where they seemed to somehow manage to raise their game and desire to something resembling a full effort, which everyone still considers as awesome, but I saw it as showcasing exactly how much effort they weren’t putting forth those last 3 years or so. 
 

Nice men, great humans, but totally not what kind of hockey I’m interested in. 
 

  • Like 1
  • Wat 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Daniel holds a record that will probably never get broken. 

(for the fastest time in the accuracy shooting with the first round 4/4 in 7.3 seconds). Keep in mind this is while receiving passes while the modern competition just has players shoot the puck which cuts down their shot time. Despite this, no one has been able to beat Daniels record. 

 

You can see the record from the 2 sec mark to the 16 sec mark of this video. 

 

Edited by Guest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Like AJ said,... but for me, their retirement date was the stat I am still most happy with. 

I was so sick of Sedin hockey by the end, an end (month of hockey) where they seemed to somehow manage to raise their game and desire to something resembling a full effort, which everyone still considers as awesome, but I saw it as showcasing exactly how much effort they weren’t putting forth those last 3 years or so. 
 

Nice men, great humans, but totally not what kind of hockey I’m interested in. 
 

So what kind of hockey are u interested in then? The kind without hall of fame hart and art ross trophy winners playing it ? Ok then . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cuporbust said:

So what kind of hockey are u interested in then? The kind without hall of fame hart and art ross trophy winners playing it ? Ok then . 

I want the kind of hockey that wins Stanley cups.  That’s the only trophy that matters to me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, cuporbust said:

So what kind of hockey are u interested in then? The kind without hall of fame hart and art ross trophy winners playing it ? Ok then . 

He's interested in the type of hockey during the era where the Canucks only won one round despite having no salary cap for most of their time, the WCE era. He has said in other threads that because of their toughness that the WCE was better suited for play during the playoffs. He's posted cherry picked pictures and gifs of the sedins getting hit and diving to hammer home his point. 

 

The fact he is ignoring is that the Sedin Era won 6 playoff rounds, including a trip to the SCF and two presidents trophies and two art rosses. Henrik also had the most successful first two seasons of any Canuck captain and will probably never be matched. 

 

He is also ignoring the fact that the Sedin's not being tough is "a myth". They took all sorts of abuse along the boards because of their style of play, and yet Henrik had 6th longest iron man streak and Daniel barely got injured. He thinks that because someone punches you and you don't punch them back, that makes you weak. It's actually the other way around. You try being a hockey player and getting punched in the face and, don't get angry, keep your cool and focus on the game afterwards. THAT is MENTAL toughness, NOT weakness. 

 

But he doesn't care. He wants to win one playoff round and that's it. As long as the team is made up of goons, and wins one round that's success for him. 

 

Don't waste your time on him, he won't change his opinion no matter how many facts he's faced with. I wasted my time responding to him in one thread already, don't want others to do the same which is why I made this post. 

Edited by Guest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Unknown1995 said:

He's interested in the type of hockey during the era where the Canucks only won one round despite having no salary cap for most of their time, the WCE era. He has said in other threads that because of their toughness that the WCE was better suited for play during the playoffs. He's posted cherry picked pictures and gifs of the sedins getting hit and diving to hammer home his point. 

 

The fact he is ignoring is that the Sedin Era won 6 playoff playoff rounds, including a trip to the SCF and two presidents trophies and two art rosses. Henrik also had the most successful first two seasons of any Canuck captain and will probably never be matched. 

 

He is also ignoring the fact that the Sedin's not being tough is "a myth". They took all shorts of abuse along the boards because of their style of play, and yet Henrik had 6th longest iron man streak and Daniel barely got injured. He thinks that because someone punches you and you don't punch them back, that makes you weak. It's actually the other way around. You try being a hockey player and getting punched in the face and, don't get angry, keep your cool and focus on the game afterwards. THAT is MENTAL toughness, NOT weakness. 

 

But he doesn't care. He wants to win one playoff round and that's it. As long as the team is made up of goons, and wins one round that's success for him. 

 

Don't waste your time on him, he won't change his opinion no matter how many facts he's faced with. I wasted my time responding to him in one thread already, don't want others to do the same which is why I made this post. 

Love this . Well said. Saved me a bunch of typing lol

  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Like AJ said,... but for me, their retirement date was the stat I am still most happy with. 

I was so sick of Sedin hockey by the end, an end (month of hockey) where they seemed to somehow manage to raise their game and desire to something resembling a full effort, which everyone still considers as awesome, but I saw it as showcasing exactly how much effort they weren’t putting forth those last 3 years or so. 
 

Nice men, great humans, but totally not what kind of hockey I’m interested in. 
 

Go home Boomer

  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Unknown1995 said:

He's interested in the type of hockey during the era where the Canucks only won one round despite having no salary cap for most of their time, the WCE era. He has said in other threads that because of their toughness that the WCE was better suited for play during the playoffs. He's posted cherry picked pictures and gifs of the sedins getting hit and diving to hammer home his point. 

 

The fact he is ignoring is that the Sedin Era won 6 playoff playoff rounds, including a trip to the SCF and two presidents trophies and two art rosses. Henrik also had the most successful first two seasons of any Canuck captain and will probably never be matched. 

 

He is also ignoring the fact that the Sedin's not being tough is "a myth". They took all shorts of abuse along the boards because of their style of play, and yet Henrik had 6th longest iron man streak and Daniel barely got injured. He thinks that because someone punches you and you don't punch them back, that makes you weak. It's actually the other way around. You try being a hockey player and getting punched in the face and, don't get angry, keep your cool and focus on the game afterwards. THAT is MENTAL toughness, NOT weakness. 

 

But he doesn't care. He wants to win one playoff round and that's it. As long as the team is made up of goons, and wins one round that's success for him. 

 

Don't waste your time on him, he won't change his opinion no matter how many facts he's faced with. I wasted my time responding to him in one thread already, don't want others to do the same which is why I made this post. 

Great post 

I see Petey get frustrated and lash his stick against someone done something. He should have been around the twins. They could have taught him to not waste energy on such behaviour. 

Take it like a man and score as revenge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Unknown1995 said:

He's interested in the type of hockey during the era where the Canucks only won one round despite having no salary cap for most of their time, the WCE era. He has said in other threads that because of their toughness that the WCE was better suited for play during the playoffs. He's posted cherry picked pictures and gifs of the sedins getting hit and diving to hammer home his point. 

 

The fact he is ignoring is that the Sedin Era won 6 playoff playoff rounds, including a trip to the SCF and two presidents trophies and two art rosses. Henrik also had the most successful first two seasons of any Canuck captain and will probably never be matched.

 

To be fair, we really have no idea (and never will) just how good the WCE teams were or would have been in the playoffs.  Cloutier got them knocked out singlehandedly every year.  I do think (speculate) tha they were actually a pretty good playoff team otherwise.

 

But as respectable as Clouts was in the regular season, once the playoffs hit, he channeled Greg Norman, Steve Sax, Steve Blass, Bill Buckner, all rolled into one when it mattered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, danjr said:

Well first off I love them both.  Maybe Daniel more.

The most impressive stat I have unearthed is by Henrik.

 

He had the 6th longest ironman streak.  20 players had 500 or more games streak.

Out of all 6500 NHL players only 20 players were that durable.
From all of those players with Streaks, only one ever led their team in scoring.  Henrik Sedin.  (Brent Burns recently led his team while an ironman)
He is also the only player to have a 500 game ironman streak and win the scoring title.  (He was 400+ games at the time)

My other fav stat is Daniels Game and OT winners.


Another curiosity is that Henrik has 7 Short Handed Goals, While Daniel has none.

Dank never played on the PK.  

 

Hank should be a first ballot HOF for the iron man streak and being the only one to also be the leading scorer and MVP of the league.  That will be a very hard marker to ever beat.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Unknown1995 said:

Daniel holds a record that will probably never get broken. 

(for the fastest time in the accuracy shooting with the first round 4/4 in 7.3 seconds). Keep in mind this is while receiving passes while the modern competition just has players shoot the puck which cuts down their shot time. Despite this, no one has been able to beat Daniels record. 

 

You can see the record at from the 2 sec mark to the 16 sec mark of this video. 

 

He was a fantastic shooter.  Until Kieth elbowed him in the head on the blind side.  Much like the Moore hit on Naslund, he was never the same shooter after that.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

He was a fantastic shooter.  Until Kieth elbowed him in the head on the blind side.  Much like the Moore hit on Naslund, he was never the same shooter after that.  

Friedman asked Daniel how he performed so well in the accuracy shooting competition and if he practiced shooting in the off-season 

 

Daniel's response: "No but playing with Henrik I had to learn how to shoot, because he can't shoot"  :lol: 

 

2:58 part to the 3:12 part. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...