The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best Sedin Stat

Rate this topic

danjr

50 minutes ago, Unknown1995 said:

Friedman asked Daniel how he performed so well in the accuracy shooting competition and if he practiced shooting in the off-season 

Daniel's response: "No but playing with Henrik I had to learn how to shoot, because he can't shoot"  :lol: 

2:58 part to the 3:12 part. 

Best Sedin stat:

Number of cheap shots at anyone else's expense = 0.

Number of cheap shots at each other's expense = countless.

Always good for a laugh.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Unknown1995 said:

He's interested in the type of hockey during the era where the Canucks only won one round despite having no salary cap for most of their time, the WCE era. He has said in other threads that because of their toughness that the WCE was better suited for play during the playoffs. He's posted cherry picked pictures and gifs of the sedins getting hit and diving to hammer home his point. 

I watched that and most of what he posted wasn't even dives but solid hits. I think two or matbe three dives from two players in 17 years. Kesler, the kind of player he loves, would take that many dives in a game. Kesler and Burrows had a league wide rep for diving. Love em both but he's calling the wrong duo divers.

2 hours ago, oldnews said:

Best Sedin stat:

Number of cheap shots at anyone else's expense = 0.

Number of cheap shots at each other's expense = countless.

Always good for a laugh.

You must've missed their chirps at Bieksa and Hansen last night.

On 2/12/2020 at 5:56 PM, xereau said:

OT is more of an era thing, though still an impressive stat.

The Ironman streak, for the hard minutes Hank played on the boards, is absolutely incredible.

He put his body on the line for the team, and I think everyone knows it.

People called them soft, because they were actually hard as nails.

Their cycle changed the game. Big slow players got out balanced and made to look foolish.

The game changed around them, and because of them.

In October 2018, the Canucks begrudgingly began the post-Sedin era in Vancouver. The moment was made more poignant by the fact that, over the course of the twins’ entire 17-year career, there wasn’t a single Canucks game that didn’t feature at least one of them in the lineup. The exact time in between games featuring zero Sedins: 6,752 days and 1,465 total games.

Got that stat from this article. There's more interesting stuff here: https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canucks-sedin-twins-numbers-defined-careers/

• Like 1