The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 12, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

? Jim gave him a chance to prove himself. He didn't. It happens to a lot of kids. 

Not that part. The issue is that Benning threw Dahlen under a bus, truck, tank... Wich led to fans hating.

Am I the only one that have high demands on how a GM behave?

• Wat 1

11 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Dahlen, absolutely... Loui is only a minor incident. Loui did the most by himself not understanding what a journalist would do with it. 

But if you want an explenation of Lindens behaviour you got in plain sight.

I find it fascinating that the words high character is mentioned so often here regarding players but it seems the GM is excempt from high character. 

Could care less if he was a douche canoe just as long as we have a good team people with hurt buttholes can go buy a big dildo!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Not that part. The issue is that Benning threw Dahlen under a bus, truck, tank... Wich led to fans hating.

Am I the only one that have high demands on how a GM behave?

Jim accommodated his request for a trade. An no one here "hated" him, thats just silly. The fan base isn't responsible for some twitter trolls, its not like we took a vote and asked some group of losers to go out and harass someone. 

On 2/14/2020 at 10:41 AM, Fan since 82 said:

You think? Not saying that you are wrong, but to me Edler isn't quite there for jersey retirement. He's a warrior, loyal, great team guy, but he's not an elite player which in addition to the above qualities I think is necessary. ROH absolutely!

He's the next best bet. Won't be for a while though. If he re-signs he'll be our only defenseman to play 1000 games for us. He was also with us during a SCF run and during our best success in team history. Everyone else who could be potential Jersey nods are just starting their careers here and who knows where it'll take them.

Markstrom would have to stick with us for another 5+ years and sustain this level of play throughout most of it in order to be given a chance to outdo Luo/Kirk and get that sort of consideration. Big ask of him since the other two got us to game 7 of the SCF.

• Cheers 1