The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Isles looking for Defensive Forward

Provost

30 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Okay, but Sutter gets injured, then who?  We need two of these defensive centres, until we have a play driving winger to help Bo offensively.  Bergeron has Pastrnak, so he can focus more on D position all over the ice.  We need that type of winger for Bo.  I think a healthy Boeser is that guy.  Then we trade Sutter

Funny how long it took us to build up this quality depth and fans immediately wanna tear it down.

Any of these guys that people are proposing to dump have much more value to us than we’d get in return.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Funny how long it took us to build up this quality depth and fans immediately wanna tear it down.

Any of these guys that people are proposing to dump have much more value to us than we’d get in return.

Sadly we have to dump several contracts so we can sign the most important players.  Sutter, Loui, and Baer have to all be off the books by summer.  We have no choice. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Sadly we have to dump several contracts so we can sign the most important players.  Sutter, Loui, and Baer have to all be off the books by summer.  We have no choice. 

By summer is the key.

Benning will figure it out then. It’s not likely he’s going to be able to get rid of players with term left at the deadline. That’s not the time to do it.

• Like 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

By summer is the key.

Benning will figure it out then. It’s not likely he’s going to be able to get rid of players with term left at the deadline. That’s not the time to do it.

Really all I care about is us making the playoffs (and winning the Cup, of course) and keeping the players most important to us getting there.  I don’t want us to have to throw away our top prospects and coming top picks as sweetener to dump the contracts we need to as well.  @DeNiro don’t we deserve to have a sustainable good team for a decade?  I think we do. DMn, if JB can manage to keep all our most important players, and not give up any of our top prospects or picks in doing so, I think we will see the best Canuck’s decade ever.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Eriksson obviously doesn't crack their lineup but I wonder if they'd be interested in someone like Motte or Schaller for a decent return?

Motte or Schaller and decent return don't go in the same sentence. Motte might get you a late round pick but I doubt Schaller is worth anything, especially at his salary.

20 hours ago, DeNiro said:

?

cool story.

the bulk of this discussion refers to moving LE, Schaller, or Baertschi's contract, and/or one moveable depth piece - Roussel..... The proposal is to replace him wih an expring contract, in the form of a guy as effective as he is, but tougher.

Tear the depth down lol?  nice simpleton, straw, drama take.

21 hours ago, Alflives said:

don’t we deserve to have a sustainable good team for a decade?

As Clint Eastwood once said " deserves got nothin to do with it". What makes you think we deserve anything? Van has a team that we are free to either cheer for or against. Management is paid the big bucks to ice what they think is the best team. As fans, we're just along for the ride.

Me, win or lose, I try to enjoy the ride. What ever happens, happens. Sun still comes up in the morning.

• Huggy Bear 1

19 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Eriksson obviously doesn't crack their lineup but I wonder if they'd be interested in someone like Motte or Schaller for a decent return?

Trading Motte would be a mistake. He makes our 4th line go.

Sutter, on the other hand, has been playing well and could fetch a good return. Because of his contract, he is more dispensable. 

4 hours ago, NaveJoseph said:

Sutter, on the other hand, has been playing well and could fetch a good return. Because of his contract, he is more dispensable. 

NHL

Sutter

VAN

1st ‘20

Lets go.

6 hours ago, NaveJoseph said:

I agree. I think Motte is a valuable member of the team. Good penalty killer, and you'll need someone like that come the postseason. 

Sutter on the other hand, I feel could be dealt at the deadline, and fetch an "ok" return. Does he have one more year or is his contract expiring this season? 

9 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I agree. I think Motte is a valuable member of the team. Good penalty killer, and you'll need someone like that come the postseason. 

Sutter on the other hand, I feel could be dealt at the deadline, and fetch an "ok" return. Does he have one more year or is his contract expiring this season? 

He has one more at $4,375,000