The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus reportedly spreading to North Korea

Dazzle

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/coronavirus-has-reportedly-spread-to-north-korea-experts-say-the-country-isnt-equipped-to-fight-it/ar-BBZY34Q?ocid=mailsignout

As we all know this virus so far has been hitting China the hardest out of everyone, and now it's supposedly spreading to NK. IMO, I feel this virus is karma against these harsh dictatorship countries. Nothing against the people. The governments obviously don't take care of their people.

What a poor lunar year for China. And it's truly ironic how it started after Chinese "secretary" Xi Jinping decided he was going to rule China for life. He sure looks incompetent now. Remember when you could anger the gods? China better appease the gods...

Edited by Dazzle

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Very sad if this virus is now spreading in North Korea.  Such terrible conditions there for the people suggests they will suffer.  Hopefully their little leader will accept other nations’ help.  

If the border is closed to China the Norks will truly suffer. Many are already malnurished. I doubt Fearless Leader will be dropping any pounds. If the people were smart they would be giving him lots of kisses.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Very sad if this virus is now spreading in North Korea.  Such terrible conditions there for the people suggests they will suffer.  Hopefully their little leader will accept other nations’ help.  

it is horrible, and he won't. State tv will say its an American plot and many will die. 

11 hours ago, Dazzle said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/coronavirus-has-reportedly-spread-to-north-korea-experts-say-the-country-isnt-equipped-to-fight-it/ar-BBZY34Q?ocid=mailsignout

As we all know this virus so far has been hitting China the hardest out of everyone, and now it's supposedly spreading to NK. IMO, I feel this virus is karma against these harsh dictatorship countries. Nothing against the people. The governments obviously don't take care of their people.

What a poor lunar year for China. And it's truly ironic how it started after Chinese "secretary" Xi Jinping decided he was going to rule China for life. He sure looks incompetent now. Remember when you could anger the gods? China better appease the gods...

So if there's a massive outbreak in Canada, will you call it karma for the government's mistreatment of aboriginals? You may consider it karma against an oppressive government but it's still going to be the people over there that die.

Edited by HerrDrFunk
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

So if there's a massive outbreak in Canada, will you call it karma for the government's mistreatment of aboriginals? You may consider it karma against an oppressive government but it's still going to be the people over there that die.

No. This outbreak has caused a portion of the population to distrust the Chinese government. These populations include the Chinese themselves, who are beginning to believe that their government isn't going to look after them. Many of the Wuhan residents, in particular, are shunned by the other provinces around Hubei (understandably).

The government claims to be building hospitals, which it is, but the people, to my surprise, aren't stupid to think that the disease is "minor". For the people who are affected by the disease, they have mentioned to the outside press that the deaths are far more than what the Chinese are letting on. One way to keep the numbers down is to write down the disease as "viral pneumonia" rather than the actual disease itself. Furthermore, there are many deaths in hospitals in which the corpses are just laying around because there's no space. On top of this, there's been pictures of officials pocketing supplies that weren't meant for them. All of this is not speculation/nor exaggeration.

The government is now running propaganda "hero" ads of people doing the right thing to fight the disease. Remember that doctor who died after whistleblowing the virus? Yeah, the government is now painting him as some kind of matryr who died for his cause. This kind of tactic is what you saw in the game of Starcraft. (The player knows that's not how the events actually unfolded). It's what Trump calls, "Fake news". And it is. The government is so desperate to sell the idea of hope to the people.

Perhaps it should have been a lesson not to elect/accept any party that claims to represent the people in its title. So yeah, it is karma - and you're right, the people are the ones who will suffer.

Edited by Dazzle

42 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

No. This outbreak has caused a portion of the population to distrust the Chinese government. These populations include the Chinese themselves, who are beginning to believe that their government isn't going to look after them. Many of the Wuhan residents, in particular, are shunned by the other provinces around Hubei (understandably).

The government claims to be building hospitals, which it is, but the people, to my surprise, aren't stupid to think that the disease is "minor". For the people who are affected by the disease, they have mentioned to the outside press that the deaths are far more than what the Chinese are letting on. One way to keep the numbers down is to write down the disease as "viral pneumonia" rather than the actual disease itself. Furthermore, there are many deaths in hospitals in which the corpses are just laying around because there's no space. On top of this, there's been pictures of officials pocketing supplies that weren't meant for them. All of this is not speculation/nor exaggeration.

The government is now running propaganda "hero" ads of people doing the right thing to fight the disease. Remember that doctor who died after whistleblowing the virus? Yeah, the government is now painting him as some kind of matryr who died for his cause. This kind of tactic is what you saw in the game of Starcraft. (The player knows that's not how the events actually unfolded). It's what Trump calls, "Fake news". And it is. The government is so desperate to sell the idea of hope to the people.

Perhaps it should have been a lesson not to elect/accept any party that claims to represent the people in its title. So yeah, it is karma - and you're right, the people are the ones who will suffer.

Again, you're conflating the governments with the populations of those countries. But hey, I'm sure when coronavirus tears through North Korea, you'll take comfort in thinking the people who will inevitably die deserve it for being born there. 

36 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Again, you're conflating the governments with the populations of those countries. But hey, I'm sure when coronavirus tears through North Korea, you'll take comfort in thinking the people who will inevitably die deserve it for being born there. 

No one "deserved" or "deserves" to die. You're misconstruing my sentences.

I saw that you addressed nothing from that post I wrote though.

Just now, Dazzle said:

No one "deserved" or "deserves" to die. You're misconstruing my sentences.

I saw that you addressed nothing from that post I wrote though.

Because all of what you wrote boiled down to "those governments are bad and they deserve to look bad to their people" while ignoring that governments don't catch viruses; the people living there do. 

But yes, when you call it karma, that's what you're implying.

9 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Because all of what you wrote boiled down to "those governments are bad and they deserve to look bad to their people" while ignoring that governments don't catch viruses; the people living there do. 

But yes, when you call it karma, that's what you're implying.

Nah. The karma is more specifically referring to the government of Xi Jinping, who has made himself basically dictator for life (there is no usual end to his rule). I have speculated (hence, this is IMO) that this has ended up with very bad juju. He's now inherited these messes.

While you are correct that the population are harmed by the crises (HK riots, corona virus, etc etc), these incidents reflect poorly on the government, both internationally and internally. China has tried to control the spread of information from the outset, and now looks extremely incompetent in dealing with the corona virus. Not to mention, the corruption that has taken place throughout this time (i.e. officials pocketing supplies that weren't destined for them). The infrastructure (or safety net) that the people supposedly relied on is not there. In other words, the loyalty of the people are being tested. The government has been using propaganda throughout this period and people are not really buying it. When it comes to life or death, no ideology matters. Only the ideology that allows them to live.