The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Wild fire Bruce Boudreau, name Dean Evason as interim head coach

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Gallant must be coming in. The Wild have been playing pretty well lately, only reason I can think of why he'd be fired right now.

Apparently not.  Boudreau is in the last year of his deal so he was probably not going to be extended but weird timing.  

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Gallant must be coming in. The Wild have been playing pretty well lately, only reason I can think of why he'd be fired right now.

Excellent post.  Gallant clearly did a great job with a group of new guys in Vegas.  Maybe the Eild are going to do some serious trading? 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so does this mean they're trading more players or not? I'm confused. 

Probably not making more trades.  Guerin was very clear that he is not interested in making a trade to make a trade. 

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Probably not making more trades.  Guerin was very clear that he is not interested in making a trade to make a trade. 

Propaganda.  Guerin is clearly under pressure from above.  Why fire a coach now, who is on an expiring contract, especially since the team is 6-3-1 in their last 10? 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

@peaches5 suggested they go after Gallant.  If that’s their guy, I see huge changes coming in their players.  He did great bringing the Knights together. 

yeah but they're naming an interim. I guess that could be like very interim like a few games or something but if this wasn't to replace bubble head with an experience coach then yeah, I'm confused. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

They need to hope the next CBA gives each team three of those no penalty buyouts.  Are there any worse contracts than the three anchors of:  Suter, Parise, and Zucerello?

Parise has 21 goals on the season and is still doing Parise things.  Suter still plays close to 25 minutes a night and has 39pts (0.68 pace).  The Wild are best in the league at limiting quality chances against and Suter, although he has slowed down, is still a solid top pairing D when paired with Spurgeon.  Parise and Suter for now are still performing.

Zuccarello is really their only contract that doesn't look great today and he has a NMC.  

• Like 3

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah but they're naming an interim. I guess that could be like very interim like a few games or something but if this wasn't to replace bubble head with an experience coach then yeah, I'm confused. 

It’s a head scratcher Jimmy.  Makes no sense.  6-3-1 in their last 10 too.  They were winning.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Propaganda.  Guerin is clearly under pressure from above.  Why fire a coach now, who is on an expiring contract, especially since the team is 6-3-1 in their last 10? 

He's not under any pressure.  Leipold is not interested in making the playoffs just for the sake of making the playoffs.  He wants to win a Cup and it's not going to happen this year.

I think it's more how they lost.  They had a 2 goal lead and blew it.  It has happened quite a few times this season where they were ahead and somehow sat back and didn't get the full 2pts.  

• Cheers 1