The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Zach Bogosian

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

I am assuming that now he has been terminated, Bogosian signs for pro-rated $1 million for the rest of the season to try to raise his value, and then tests free agency in the summer.

Agreed and Approved!! Let's get him on the cheap and trade Stecher for a Simmonds-type player!!

1 hour ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Agreed and Approved!! Let's get him on the cheap and trade Stecher for a Simmonds-type player!!

Yes this is almost so obvious it hurts.  Bring him in for the bottom pairing and if teams are offering 950k just offer him a pro-rated 1.5m.  Who cares as he would fill the need for this year before somebody else comes in full time next year.  Then we trade Stecher for somebody else that helps us or even a reclaimed 2nd to be honest.

Edler Myers

Hughes Tanev

Tryakmin Bogosian

Benn Fantenberg

Again, that looks like a playoff D to me with some nice asset management to boot.....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Can't hurt for the Canucks to kick the tires on Bogosian.  At the very least he would be "free" depth - no assets lost.  He's a veteran RHD who hasn't quite developed into what he was projected to be, but should still be a serviceable defender in the playoffs if needed.

Exactly.  This is a complete no risk, high value move, unless there is something bigger to the story than we have heard.  Perfect 3rd pairing D that can move up in case of injury.  

Edited by Kobayashi Maru
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Can't hurt for the Canucks to kick the tires on Bogosian.  At the very least he would be "free" depth - no assets lost.  He's a veteran RHD who hasn't quite developed into what he was projected to be, but should still be a serviceable defender in the playoffs if needed.

Yes please. He would likely sign dirt cheap and play his rear end off trying to prove Buffalo wrong and earn a contract with another team in the offseason.

It's a can't miss (outside of the fact that at least half the league would probably want to do this too).

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

Yes please. He would likely sign dirt cheap and play his rear end off trying to prove Buffalo wrong and earn a contract with another team in the offseason.

It's a can't miss (outside of the fact that at least half the league would probably want to do this too).

Reading there's (maybe) six teams interested.

Hopefully the Canucks are one.

• Cheers 1

Are the Canucks being pushed around? Does Bogosian throw down? Hell yeah. He can skate and has a heavy shot. 

I don’t understand the resistance to the thought of acquiring a 6’3” 226 lbs defenseman who has good mobility and a heavy shot, on a cheap show me contract. 

• Cheers 3

39 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Probably goes to the Laffs, where he could crack the top 4 with ease.

They are definitely an option for him.  I honestly think he balances actually getting a shot to make the playoffs which he has never done, and also wanting to be able to showcase himself for this summer as a UFA.

I think that is the Canucks, Leafs, Carolina, Vegas, or Edmonton.  On higher contenders, he probably isn’t going to get much chance to play.  On worse teams he won’t make the playoffs.

We had better be in on it...

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

They are definitely an option for him.  I honestly think he balances actually getting a shot to make the playoffs which he has never done, and also wanting to be able to showcase himself for this summer as a UFA.

I think that is the Canucks, Leafs, Carolina, Vegas, or Edmonton.  On higher contenders, he probably isn’t going to get much chance to play.  On worse teams he won’t make the playoffs.

We had better be in on it...

He has a better shot for the playoffs with the Canucks than the Laffs. 

• Cheers 2

50 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

No. Benning will sign him and trade Stecher to Dubas for a high 2nd round pick. 

Haha that would be awesome.  That is about the going price for Stecher.  If that’s the case, how much of a gap is it to Lias Andersson or Puljujarvi?

Sign Bogosian and trade Stecher and Gadjovich for Puljujärvi (For next year).  I know it’s in conference but neither of those players are going to bite us.

Edited by Kobayashi Maru

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

And is able to handle the larger forwards far better than Stecher. 

We could then package Stech with Baer for maybe Simmons.

Maybe that would be almost enough to entice them. A 25 year old top 6 D who's an RFA and a project player in his mid 20s.

They need bodies for a rebuild.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Haha that would be awesome.  That is about the going price for Stecher.  If that’s the case, how much of a gap is it to Lias Andersson or Puljujarvi?

Sign Bogosian and trade Stecher and Gadjovich for Puljujärvi (For next year)I know it’s in conference but neither of those players are going to bite us.

Two reclamation projects? Easy now.