The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Trade for Zach Bogosian

With Zach Bogosian placed on waivers today, could be be a target for trade?

Should he clear waivers so he is AHL eligable could we send Sven Baertchi for Bogosian?  Sven has one more year after this at just over $3M while Zach is a UFA at the end of this year.  Spend more now and unless he is spectacular it clears cap room for next season.  Sven could quite likely be on their roster if only a third liner.

Both teams win something here I think.

I like the idea generally. Teams really do seem to get what they want here.

But...

Bogo doesn't score much - certainly nowhere near his draft position nor salary. He is merely OK defensively. Yes he is a big body but he doesn't really put it to proper use except in an enforcer role. Honestly, I see him as a slight to moderate improvement on Guddy.

I could see him as depth for this year's run, and he is capable of eating minutes if need be, but nothing more. He just doesn't fill a role we need filling, imo. I would rather have Stecher from an on-ice talent and need perspective, and that's saying something because I don't think he has a particular role on this team either.

Now, with that said, if we could unload Baer's last year, then great - but considering we would have to take on extra cap this season, I don't know if.it is even doable?

On 2/14/2020 at 1:24 PM, clynch49 said:

With Zach Bogosian placed on waivers today, could be be a target for trade?

Should he clear waivers so he is AHL eligable could we send Sven Baertchi for Bogosian?  Sven has one more year after this at just over $3M while Zach is a UFA at the end of this year.  Spend more now and unless he is spectacular it clears cap room for next season.  Sven could quite likely be on their roster if only a third liner.

Both teams win something here I think.

Bogosian sucks boners.

I’d rather trade Baertschi in the off-season (going as high as 50% retention), shortly before the start of next season once teams have pretty much figured out their cap and have signed their prioritized players (and would then be in a position where they could add some spare parts).    

Trade Baertschi and Sutter before the start of next season (retaining as much as 50% if necessary), and free up cap space.   Don’t trade $&!# contracts for $&!# contracts.

On 2/17/2020 at 12:28 AM, VegasCanuck said:

I don't believe Bogosian does anything for us. He can't keep his place in the lineup with a team that's way out of the playoffs.

If we are going to go after another D, I'd rather try and make a deal with San Jose for Dillion. Maybe Stecher + for Dillion?

Well now that Benning has ended the rebuild I guess there are lots of draft picks the team can trade.

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] Trade for Zach Bogosian