The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Evander Kane suspended 3 games

Rate this topic

Clearly a target to the head.  This should have been a lot more than only three games.  The league needs to punish the act, and not (necessarily) the result.  Target a guy’s head like Kane did there, and it’s an automatic 10 games, regardless of resulting injury.  There should be little to no doubt what the punishment will be.  The current method used by the league is kind of like throwing darts at a wall while blindfolded, and whatever it hits, that’s the punishment.  

14 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The league needed to be called out and I’m sure other players appreciate it.

However that was for sure a suspension, no defending it. Three games may be a bit extreme but isn’t he a repeat offender?

He didn't say he should not have been suspended for the hit. Sounds more to me that he just wishes he knew where the line was. 

• Cheers 2

He 100% deserved a suspension for that hit. It was a dangerous play to the head. No defending that.  

But he’s also 100% correct about the DOPS. They throw the book hard at repeat offenders to make it look like they are doing something but then they let certain players get away with way worse offences, ex.  like Chara. That guy has done a lot of questionable hits and incidents but The DOPS refuses to ever punish him. It’s become a joke how bad it is.

Edited by BlueDragon23

8 minutes ago, Fateless said:

Kane is 100% correct in his response. At no point did he say that his hit should not have been suspended, but rather he is demanding consistency because no one knows what will result in a suspension anymore. The same hit on two different nights will result in two completely different supplemental discipline results. Its a joke and a stain on the NHL. Hopefully this a catalyst that makes the NHL become more consistent.

hopefully, but Evander Kane does not hold much sway.

The NHLPA should be the ones making this staement.

Coaches,manageers,Broadcasters, you know all those with other vested interests need to speak about this, but all are too afraid to do so.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

9B84362E-84A8-4382-99A7-7CE43795AC7A.jpeg

I've been saying there should be a third party in control of these things for years. The players should know what they can and cant do. The way it is now they go out and make a play and think "maybe I'll get away with this one".

I do think he should be suspended but I agree they need to change things as well. When the players are confused it gets people hurt.

2 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

He 100% deserved a suspension for that hit. It was a dangerous play to the head. No defending that.  

But he’s also 100% correct about the DOPS. They throw the book hard at repeat offenders to make it look like they are doing something but then they let certain players get away with way worse offences, ex.  like Chara. That guy has done a lot of questionable hits and incidents but The DOPS refuses to ever punish him. It’s become a joke how bad it is.

Chara did get hit in the Hardtrick of $5000 fines for slashing this week.

But what was that ? Suddenly the NHL needs to fine 3 guys $5G. for slashing.

I did not hink the Roussell slash warrented DOPes discipline

8 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Parrots is in over his head

he done a pathetic job and frankly Kane is bang on with his comments regarding inconsistency 

he needs to move on to a job a little more conducive to his skill set

Walmart greeter comes to mind  

He is a Princeton graduate...