The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Evander Kane suspended 3 games

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

So you would abuse power and position because someone hurt your feelings?    
Cool bro.  
Glad you aren’t in charge. 

Where in your conversations does it say his feelings got hurt there? Quite a leap of a conclusion you drew there.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, drummerboy said:

So you would abuse power and position because someone hurt your feelings?    
Cool bro.  
Glad you aren’t in charge. 

Abuse of power? I don't see it that way at all.

If you let players get away with accusing you of bias, then every player who gets supplemental discipline from here on in, will think it's fair game to make the same accusation. It's one thing to question someone's judgement, but when you question their integrity, you've stepped way across the line.

It's really no different than saying a ref made a call against you, because he had money on the other team.

I'm glad you're not in charge.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

If you let players get away with accusing you of bias, then every player who gets supplemental discipline from here on in, will think it's fair game to make the same accusation. It's one thing to question someone's judgement, but when you question their integrity, you've stepped way across the line.

It's really no different than saying a ref made a call against you, because he had money on the other team.

So what do you suggest should happen to someone like Kelly Sutherland who could very reasonably be accused of having money on the game?  The NHL simply has done nothing to earn the benefit of the doubt and has no one but themselves to blame for being called out.

Entirely reasonable to question integrity when the league has none.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

So what do you suggest should happen to someone like Kelly Sutherland who could very reasonably be accused of having money on the game?  The NHL simply has done nothing to earn the benefit of the doubt and has no one but themselves to blame for being called out.

Entirely reasonable to question integrity when the league has none.

I don't think that could be "reasonably" be claimed at all.

As I said earlier, incompetence is a case that can be made, but you're making an accusation of corruption which is just something you're basing on a bias of your own. You're welcome to your opinion, but I certainly don't share it.

I suppose my question is: If you believe that the league is "corrupt", why do you watch?

Edited by RUPERTKBD

Good on him for calling them out, probably going to get a fine or longer suspension but it's worth it, the Sharks are finished anyway and someone needs to bring light to this, especially before the playoffs when the rulebook changes.

A 3rd party would be the most objective way of doing it but I do wonder what the outcome would be if there was a players poll? Obviously impossible to perform and far too much subjectivity, but the players themselves are the ones being hit and want to be protected so I wonder what they would like the suspensions to be.

11 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

9B84362E-84A8-4382-99A7-7CE43795AC7A.jpeg

Give me a break!

The entire sharks team loves to go head hunting with their elbows. First Karlsson now Kane. This is as bad as it looks. 

But one thing I will say that happens to coincide with Kanes complaining is that there is a lack of consistency. Like that elbow on Motte by Karlsson or the late hit on Petey. 

So news out of the Montreal has the ref telling Gallagher to “go $&@“ himself”

will the NHL punish him like any respectable pro sport organization would? Nope? They will assign him playoff games as a reward 

the league will however fine Julien for his post games comments regarding the reffing 

that's how the NHL

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/platform/amp/2020/2/16/21139531/brendan-gallagher-ref-incident-montreal-canadiens-dallas-stars-nhl-has-a-serious-officiating-problem

Edited by canuck2288
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

His job has nothing to do with disciplining people for what they say.  This was a comment he made off the ice.   George can’t do $&!#. 
He is in charge of player safety and what they do on the ice.   
Kane has every right to say what he wants.  

If you want to bend over and follow the rules of the people who ARENT in charge, go for it.   

Do you let the mailman censor what you say?    Does the guy at the grocery store who sold you some milk get to tell you how you have to use it?   

If George doesn’t want players speaking out against him, maybe he should try to do even a half decent and consistent job.    DOPS is a total joke and everyone knows it.    KANE isn’t close to the first person to say he doesn’t know what is a suspension or not!    

Edited by drummerboy

17 hours ago, Alflives said:

Nice try.  But Jake didn’t move into Perrault, who is a know diver.  Perrault initiated the contact and then snapped his head back.  Completely different play.

Alf, I think you need to watch the play again. I'm a Canuck fan too but you stating that Perreault initiated the contact with Virt is homer-ism at its finest.

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

So news out of the Montreal has the ref telling Gallagher to “go $&@“ himself”

will the NHL punish him like any respectable pro sport organization would? Nope? They will assign him playoff games as a reward 

the league will however fine Julien for his post games comments regarding the reffing 

that's how the NHL rolls

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/platform/amp/2020/2/16/21139531/brendan-gallagher-ref-incident-montreal-canadiens-dallas-stars-nhl-has-a-serious-officiating-problem

34 minutes ago, gurn said:

Probably not, but Bettman can. I'd say he gets fined for "conduct detrimental to the league", or "bringing the league into disrepute".

Yup.  But that wasn’t his point.  Lol

32 minutes ago, gurn said:

Yep he does, he also has to be responsible for what he said.

Agreed.  Say what you want, but there can always be consequences.   

32 minutes ago, gurn said:

For the rest of your post, I'd suggest cutting back on your caffeine intake.

I have no control over what tone or speed you decide to put to my post.    

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

And that POS Chara gets nothing for the crosscheck to Gallagher. Guess Kane had the wrong jersey on. 

More and more players are going to start taking revenge against those other guys who are not getting punished fairly by the league.  I can definitely see Big Z getting his knee taken out.  Guys will be targeting his knees, and using the excuse, “he’s so tall, that’s where my hip contacts him”.  And when it happens, I will laugh and watch it over and over again as his broken body is stretchered off the ice.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, KirkSave said:

Alf, I think you need to watch the play again. I'm a Canuck fan too but you stating that Perreault initiated the contact with Virt is homer-ism at its finest.

Jake was just standing there and the master of the spring-board skated into him.  And even in defending himself Jake refrained from using his stick.  Great control by Jake there. 

2 hours ago, drummerboy said:

His job has nothing to do with disciplining people for what they say.  This was a comment he made off the ice.   George can’t do $&!#. 
He is in charge of player safety and what they do on the ice.   
Kane has every right to say what he wants.  

If you want to bend over and follow the rules of the people who ARENT in charge, go for it.   

Do you let the mailman censor what you say?    Does the guy at the grocery store who sold you some milk get to tell you how you have to use it?   

If George doesn’t want players speaking out against him, maybe he should try to do even a half decent and consistent job.    DOPS is a total joke and everyone knows it.    KANE isn’t close to the first person to say he doesn’t know what is a suspension or not!    

I never said George should do it himself. I said whoever was in charge. Not sure who that would be....maybe Daly, maybe Bettman himself.

And no, Kane does not have the right to say whatever he wants. Coaches get fined for criticizing refs all the time. (In fact I'm betting Julien gets fined, even though he was right) What Kane said goes beyond criticizing a decision. He's made it into something personal and the league cannot let that stand.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1