The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Evander Kane suspended 3 games

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, gurn said:

Probably not, but Bettman can. I'd say he gets fined for "conduct detrimental to the league", or "bringing the league into disrepute".

The entire NHL office would be begging for spare change if either of those 2 things warranted a fine.

Edited by King Heffy

13 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I never said George should do it himself. I said whoever was in charge. Not sure who that would be....maybe Daly, maybe Bettman himself.

And no, Kane does not have the right to say whatever he wants. Coaches get fined for criticizing refs all the time. (In fact I'm betting Julien gets fined, even though he was right) What Kane said goes beyond criticizing a decision. He's made it into something personal and the league cannot let that stand.

If the league doesn't want to let that stand, maybe they should clean up the garbage they consistently pull.  The fact the league refuses to address problem individuals such as Campbell, Sutherland, O'Halloran indicates this has gone far beyond incompetence.  For people to suggest the league should be disciplining their players for telling the truth instead of their own front office is ridiculous, and is why whistleblower regulations exist in other industries.  I don't think the players should let the DOPS continue to be criminally negligent and endangering the players.  Good on Kane for exposing these crooks.

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

If the league doesn't want to let that stand, maybe they should clean up the garbage they consistently pull.  The fact the league refuses to address problem individuals such as Campbell, Sutherland, O'Halloran indicates this has gone far beyond incompetence.  For people to suggest the league should be disciplining their players for telling the truth instead of their own front office is ridiculous, and is why whistleblower regulations exist in other industries.  I don't think the players should let the DOPS continue to be criminally negligent and endangering the players.  Good on Kane for exposing these crooks.

I don't know if you're actually reading my posts, or you just want to have an argument. I've said repeatedly that there are issues with DoPS consistency, but it has nothing to do with Parros being "biased", or "corrupt". I don't know how I can explain that any more clearly.

If you believe that claim to be incorrect, that is your prerogative, but there really is nothing further to discuss, since you won't convince me of that. I don't believe for a second that Parros has an axe to grind for Kane personally, or for the Sharks organization in general.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1