The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Ducks @ Nucks - Feb 16 2020 - 2pm Pacific - AFTERNOON GAME - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

1 hour ago, ForzaTikare said:

Sounds like I could get her to do that.. How much is an huge stack of cash? And is it even possible to get single game tickets in The spring (read playoffs)? 

I forgot whale watching too. And helicopter tours (both are pricier but are pretty awesome). Depending on how long your here for you could also spend a good few days on the island visiting Victoria, Tofino, Cathedral Grove, Butchart gardens etc too.

Another member jokingly referred you to East Van and the downtown East side but while there are indeed some sketchy areas there, there's actually a tonne of REALLY good micro breweries and hole in the real restaurants in East Van (I recommend 8-1/2, great restaurant). And the downtown East side is right by Gastown, China Town etc as well.

And spring can mean March too ;) But either way, yes you should be able to find tickets. Playoff ones will obviously cost more.

As for cash, it's expensive to live here, but as long as you're not buying real estate you should be fine. It's not really more expensive than any other major metropolitan city and coming from Europe (IIRC), you might find it comparatively affordable lol. 

It's certainly not Mexico or the more affordable Asian countries for travel costs though.

Edited by aGENT

9 minutes ago, appleboy said:

I would think that Ferland will be contemplating retirement. He would be wise to start to thinking about the long term future. I love the way he plays. Gaudette is starting to look like a real gem. 

Hockey Gaud is looking like a gem for sure.  Furley can’t retire.  He does that and he doesn’t get the rest of his contract.  He will just stay on LTIR for the rest of his contract.  Then he gets his money.  

25 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I forgot whale watching too. And helicopter tours (both are pricier but are pretty awesome). Depending on how long your here for you could also spend a good few days on the island visiting Victoria, Tofino, Cathedral Grove, Butchart gardens etc too.

Another member jokingly referred you to East Van and the downtown East side but while there are indeed some sketchy areas there, there's actually a tonne of REALLY good micro breweries and hole in the real restaurants in East Van (I recommend 8-1/2, great restaurant). And the downtown East side is right by Gastown, China Town etc as well.

And spring can mean March too ;) But either way, yes you should be able to find tickets. Playoff ones will obviously cost more.

As for cash, it's expensive to live here, but as long as you're not buying real estate you should be fine. It's not really more expensive than any other major metropolitan city and coming from Europe (IIRC), you might find it comparatively affordable lol. 

It's certainly not Mexico or the more affordable Asian countries for travel costs though.

I've found hotels and air bnbs are on the pricier end in Vancouver. It's not New York prices, but it's on the high end for major cities. Like you said though, prices at resteraunts, bars, entertainment, etc are pretty average as major cities go. Probably a little less expensive than Stockholm

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Duodenum said:

The heck do the Canucks see in Schaller that the entire fanbase is missing. 

what does he do that's so bad?  He plays a pretty solid defensive game, brings some size and physicality and he can go on the occasional goal scoring streak, and ultimately heonly plays 10 mins a night..  The bigger question is, what is it that makes you dislike him so much?

• Cheers 2