Canucks Community

[PGT] Anaheim Ducks at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 16, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

20 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Where was our captain? 
Stecher had his worst game as a Nuck.

bag skate everybody except hughes Macewen miller and pettersson 

Pathetic hunger level whilst in a tight playoff race against an easy opponent. 
Congrats on letting the McDavid-less Oilers pass us tonight boys! 

I hate to say it but I'm pretty sure this is Stecher's last season as a Canuck. He's been invisible the entire season and given that the Canucks need another top D, I suspect he'll be the one on the short end of the stick.

• Wat 1

52 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Sorry, but what the “leaders” do off the ice, has literally no impact to what they do on it. It’s great to be community oriented. Truly. That being said, it doesn’t factor into how the team performs. 

Public relations doesn't win games, it just sells tickets. Leadership on the ice is what matters

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

MacEwen threw half of the hits that the Canucks were credited with yesterday. Something is wrong when a rookie is tallying 5+ hits, but Pearson, Benn, Schaller and others have none. 

Green needs to give players who actually give a (expletive deleted) the minutes over empty jerseys like Schaller and Eriksson. Those hacks won’t help you in the playoffs.

I’m actually glad that the team was so soundly beaten yesterday as it provides clear evidence of the glaring issues facing this team that Markstrom has been helping cover up. 

It's a complete mystery why Erikson is still on this team.  He completely useless and a waste of gatorade!

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Green’s press conference response to the game was disgusting 

just shrugs his shoulders, um was just bad luck in the first and we played a great second (is he delusional?) then we got got trying to press in the third 

excuses excuses excuses 

just rationalizes losing and actually accepts it. It’s pathetic. The clown is implementing a losing acceptance culture 

Fire the clown, hire Babs right?

unnamed.gif

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

missed the game today - what did Stech to do draw the unsportsmanlike? I caught the bit about Myers standing up for Petey on the radio, that sounded good. 

Apperently he said something to the ref the day after Galchenyiuk went toe to toe with a different ref.

The Refs are sensitive, I guess

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I hate to say it but I'm pretty sure this is Stecher's last season as a Canuck. He's been invisible the entire season and given that the Canucks need another top D, I suspect he'll be the one on the short end of the stick.

He may end up somewhere else but are you blind? Invisible?? Stech hustlers and works his ass off every shift out there and gives his best every game.

Is he undersized and out muscled at times? Perhaps but dude pick on someone else to blame.

IMHO

Go Canucks go

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 2

17 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

No creativity would be your copy paste whining posts about Green. 

well I speculated that Green would low minute either Mac or Bailey a few games ago, then put Schaller back in.

Low and behold all has come true.

So if I can anticipate Green's thinking 4 days in advance, I wonder how long it takes the NHL coaches to figure him out?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

He may end up somewhere else but are you blind? Invisible?? Stech hustlers and works his ass off every shift out there and gives his best every game.

Is he undersized and out muscled at times? Perhaps but dude pick on someone else to blame.

IMHO

Go Canucks go

I agree to a point. I think he is a serviceable bottom pairing dman but I see him getting manhandled more and more since the checking and hitting increased. It will not get better in the playoffs.

As a smallish player, he needs to have more bite and tenacity like Motte and/or more offense like Hughes. Unfortunately for a small guy, those are his only options.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, lmm said:

well I speculated that Green would low minute either Mac or Bailey a few games ago, then put Schaller back in.

Low and behold all has come true.

So if I can anticipate Green's thinking 4 days in advance, I wonder how long it takes the NHL coaches to figure him out?

A broken clock is right twice a day too. Bailey took a pretty big hit the last game he played, could be banged up which would explain his lack of minutes then Schaller playing. Something worth more consideration on the situation at least. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I agree to a point. I think he is a serviceable bottom pairing dman but I see him getting manhandled more and more since the checking and hitting increased. It will not get better in the playoffs.

As a smallish player, he needs to have more bite and tenacity like Motte and/or more offense like Hughes. Unfortunately for a small guy, those are his only options.

Motte has bite and tenacity?

Motte is the most overrated Canuck.

sure he hits 6 times a game, but to no effect

and he never engages after the whistle

and he gets injured a lot

after Stecher is gone, Motte is next

• Wat 2

44 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

IMHO

Go Canucks go

Props to you and all the others who stay in this thread and stand up the negativity crowd.

tyrone power 1930s GIF

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

Beagle is another guy. Solid penalty killer, can win faceoffs, absolutely nothing after that. Great character guy, but this guy can't even carry the puck for 30ft without fumbling or dumping it. 

Lol, beagle's handle of the puck is pretty rough at times.  

I'm having a hard time slotting MacEwan in. On Bo or Beagle's line?  He can easily play both.  More mins with Bo, but like Motte (and maybe with him) could really help make that line play effective mins.  One thing for sure though, I think he's earned a permanent spot in VAN

2 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Lol, beagle's handle of the puck is pretty rough at times.  

I'm having a hard time slotting MacEwan in. On Bo or Beagle's line?  He can easily play both.  More mins with Bo, but like Motte (and maybe with him) could really help make that line play effective mins.  One thing for sure though, I think he's earned a permanent spot in VAN

Bailey with Horvat. Mac with Beagle?

3 hours ago, smithers joe said:

the last game i watched,  all of the canucks  were  a step slower than anaheim. that afforded anaheim the space and good chances to score. demko was put in tough situations often. i don’t blame demko or the coach. the team simply didn’t have their legs. i’ve coached enough hockey to know, when your players don’t have their legs, there is nothing you can do about it.  alf might, but i couldn’t  electric shocks, cattle prods? if one player hasn’t got it, you can bench him, when the whole, minus hughes hasn’t got it, you can’t bench them all.  anyone who believed that we would be the strongest team going into the playoffs has stars in their eyes. 

watching that game, i saw the guys working hard and trying. they all wanted to win. unfortunately they didn’t have the jump. 

i wish the team luck against minny. there will not be any easy games from here on out. if they win enough games, they are in, if not they miss. nothing is garenteed. 

Exactly, but some people are such homers they give the players a pass and look for a scapegoat ... in this case Green, which really amounts to a shortcut in thinking. I mean Stetcher completely gave that game away in the first period and that had nothing whatsoever to do with coaching. We also hit two posts and Petey missed a wide open one timer when we were down 2-0. You were absolutely right, the players had no jump, the coach can't pump their legs for them. The only guy I saw engaged, skating, and leaving it on the ice was MacEwen. That's on the players ... not the coaches.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Alf has wanted Babs since Toronto fired him. Which is odd because he sure rags on the leafs a lot. So why would we want an ex coach of theirs?

Because "if I'm going to bet on something, I'd bet on Babcock every time".  He's the Donald Trump of hockey coaches and who couldn't wait to listen to this after and before every game:

"Got to hustle - be hard on pucks". " Got to play them hard - didn't hustle to pucks".   Gawd he's the worst sound bite in the history of sports.  Not even sure he's human / might be the first android.   Apple 2e level ha ha. 

Doubt Babcock is getting any job offers for awhile unless a team is truly desperate.  Only Keenan has taken one team to a and another to ONE cup and launched himself into a career like his.  IMO at least, possibly the most overrated coach in NHL history. And no way this core would respond well to whatever he brings to the table.   That way is gonzo and has been for awhile.  

Hitchcock a well known disciplinarian in his early days adapted to the times and a lot had been written about that (and how he was able to hang on and have some success, and that was YEARs agol).  The fear based motivation has gone by the way-side.  Torts has followed in his footsteps and hanging in there (although don't be surprised if old school comes out at the wrong time and ends his career either, especially come playoff time).   Trotz is the best coach in the NHL right now,  his hockey mind combined with his ability to get the players to both play for him and others is top tier .  Nowadays players coaches do the best coupled with a tactical side. 

TG is a hybrid coach that hasn't figured out the tactical side of things yet.  If he does this team will go further - but not much yet.@  

Gallant may or may not be an upgrade.  Babcock won't come here ever, no way ownership would pay that much - and seriously doubt with his ego he'd only go somewhere where the media presence is higher or to a team that's already a contender.

"Babcock.  It's a good name.  Hustles.  Gets pucks.  Bet on Babcock ever time."  He's ridiculous.  Much rather Gallant IF we were to make a change,  and don't have any illusions/delusions that things would get way better either because they likely will not.   Time and experience are the best medicine, and I'm pretty sure both ownership and management get that too. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1