The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Anaheim Ducks at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 16, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

He may end up somewhere else but are you blind? Invisible?? Stech hustlers and works his ass off every shift out there and gives his best every game.

Is he undersized and out muscled at times? Perhaps but dude pick on someone else to blame.

IMHO

Go Canucks go

Stecher is a 7th D at best on most cup contending teams.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Flames having zero problems with the Ducks and yotes are ahead 

dump Green now and let’s try to get into the playoffs 

I'm not sold on Green either, not yet anyways.

But let's NOT dump Green and see if he can get us into the playoffs and if he does, let's see how he performs in the playoffs.

If he doesn't, well that's 3 seasons with nothing to show for. This season, he actually had the horses (depth), deeper defence, and goaltending. So if the management decides to fire him after missing the playoffs, I wouldn't be against it.

If they fire him now, it would be "Are you f*cking kidding me?" to quote Bruce Boudreau.

• Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Flames got their asses kicked by the Hawks after we shut them out.

Haha. Yeah we really showed the hawks.  Did you actually watch the total domination of our team?  Markstrom beat the hawks...the hawks kicked out team's ass.

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

So, still a W. We out chanced the Ducks and lost it happens. 

Wins are great and always better than losing g but heading down the stretch, how we are playing is  critical to decisions related to the trade deadline  and playoff hopes/success.  For the past 2 weeks, this team has played awful and without markstrom would   not have won a single game.  Sorry if I do t share your optimism but what i see is a team that is starting g to sag and the deficiencies being exposed as teams up their compete level.  Is it  coaching, players or something else? I dont know but this team's  recent ay is not deserving of a playoff spot and unless they make a major turnaround, they wont be going to the dance this year.

2 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Wins are great and always better than losing g but heading down the stretch, how we are playing is  critical to decisions related to the trade deadline  and playoff hopes/success.  For the past 2 weeks, this team has played awful and without markstrom would   not have won a single game.  Sorry if I do t share your optimism but what i see is a team that is starting g to sag and the deficiencies being exposed as teams up their compete level.  Is it  coaching, players or something else? I dont know but this team's  recent ay is not deserving of a playoff spot and unless they make a major turnaround, they wont be going to the dance this year.

They're a young team learning to battle down the stretch, there’s going to be hiccups along the way. Toughness does need to be addressed though. 

Just now, SILLY GOOSE said:

1 game out of 82

Which game in the last 2 weeks did our team out play an opponent? Was the Preds game any better?  I hope the team doesn't think like you "its only one game".  I want to see a team that hates to lose and I'm not sure this team has enough of that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

They're a young team learning to battle down the stretch, there’s going to be hiccups along the way. Toughness does need to be addressed though. 

Toughness has been an issue for a long time.  Unfortunately, the strategy has always been to bring in a guy to fill that need when itnis an overall team pack attitude and physical approach that needs to be Implemented.

Just now, DIBdaQUIB said:

Which game in the last 2 weeks did our team out play an opponent? Was the Preds game any better?  I hope the team doesn't think like you "its only one game".  I want to see a team that hates to lose and I'm not sure this team has enough of that.

2 weeks out of an 82 game schedule.

How do u know the team doesn't hate to lose?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

2 weeks out of an 82 game schedule.

How do u know the team doesn't hate to lose?

From 1 game to 2 weeks...if the team doesn't up.their play majorly and fast, it will be game over.  I dont know how they feel I just know what I see and i see a lack of intensity and team cohesiveness that goes with a winning team. . 

the Lames get 4 ez points from the Ducks in a week span. 

why couldn't we have played with some hunger i do not know. we had a chance to put a strangle hold on the division and we pissed it away with the losses to Minny and Anaheim... 

what a terrible out of town score board for us today. :( 

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

From 1 game to 2 weeks...if the team doesn't up.their play majorly and fast, it will be game over.  I dont know how they feel I just know what I see and i see a lack of intensity and team cohesiveness that goes with a winning team. . 

Sure, it's crunch time definitely, but I think the players know for sure what's on the line.

Other than when the score got away from them I thought the Canucks were building momentum towards a come back vs the ducks.  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Sure, it's crunch time definitely, but I think the players know for sure what's on the line.

Other than when the score got away from them I thought the Canucks were building momentum towards a come back vs the ducks.  

Maybe they will find another gear. I hope so because lately they look gassed and disconnected.   It better be fast or they  could easily find themselves well outside of the playoffs in just a matter of a week or two and they dont have the horses to make up a lot of points.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

1 game out of 82

We give up more shots than only the worst bottom feeding teams like Detroit and Jersey.  It’s not only one game; it’s all the games.  Our coaching is teaching our guys to be passive and reactionary instead being aggressive and initiating.  

We need smarter systems that are best for our group.  Our group of players are a lot better than this coaching allows them to show.  

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We give up more shots than only the worst bottom feeding teams like Detroit and Jersey.  It’s not only one game; it’s all the games.  Our coaching is teaching our guys to be passive and reactionary instead being aggressive and initiating.  

We need smarter systems that are best for our group.  Our group of players are a lot better than this coaching allows them to show.  

Lol!! You're correct, yet you're so wrong.  Detroit and Jersey actually don't give up more shots than us.  Chicago, Rangers, and Senators are the teams that give up more SA/game.

Should try to fact check before posting Alf.