The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Same as what?

Last year we missed the playoffs...you don't feel Petey/Quinn, etc. deserve a shot at them?  We're in contention to be there and to abandon that hardly seems like a logical plan.  Especially considering TT has playoff experience and success?  Think of the guys IN place not the ones you yearn for down the road.

Why watch then?  "Same end result" is not a given by any means....

No body is abandoned.....it’s a team game. I would think the players think they can handle the challenge and don’t need a bandaid taking their ice time.

3 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

TDL rentals are desperate deals.....team should have depth without rentals.

what I’m upset with, really.....is the throw away picks....it’s bad negotiating....any word of draft pick leaving should be laughed at and hung up on.

Some can be, yes. But I don't think this one is. When they sign Toffoli for a few more years, he definitely would be in integral part in winning a cup. Him and Pearson are in the 27/28 year old range. Two to three years from now, we should be a serious contender.

1 minute ago, HockeyHarry said:

No body is abandoned.....it’s a team game. I would think the players think they can handle the challenge and don’t need a bandaid taking their ice time.

Did you see how the season took a toll last year?

You're wrong, sorry.

It's abandoning the playoff chase to just ignore the injuries and not fill the gaps.  It is a team game and some of our team has sustained injury and we have to address that.  Not expect the rest of the guys to carry the load and burn out.  They deserve the best possible atmosphere for success.  This helps with that.  Love TT.

Like I said before I'll give Benning the benefit of the doubt with this deal because the Miller trade was a homerun but make no mistake - this move was done to save his ass in case the team doesn't make the playoffs.  Benning is 100% reactionary and I doubt much stock was put in Toffoli re-signing, he'll react to that when it happens - that's this management MO.  Put whatever spin you want on it - and I don't mind the trade btw - but it's time to call a spade a spade on this one - if the Nucks miss the playoffs JB is gone.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, HockeyHarry said:

What if you found someone’s bandaid on the ice, wouldn’t that be gross. I don’t know what Id do 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

The guys on the radio completely agree...hilarious...almost word for word.

People get so caught up on "assets" but they include the ones you have, not just the ones you hope to acquire.  

Our assets are worth providing support for when men go down to injury.  You want them to just give up and burn out?    Suck it up and carry the load?  No.

Lol was it house radio

Lol benning doing what the same people  Who up pump benning hated Gillis for.

the difference Gillis had a legit shot at a cup benning isn’t even Guaranteed a playoff spot.  
the trade sure looked better before Boeser was done for the year. Now it looks desperate and very risky.

Jimmie better hope toffoli resigns and more importantly his club makes the POs or Jimmie should be gone.

A Costly rental and to miss the playoffs that’s would be legendary blunder. 

4 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Like I said before I'll give Benning the benefit of the doubt with this deal because the Miller trade was a homerun but make no mistake - this move was done to save his ass in case the team doesn't make the playoffs.  Benning is 100% reactionary and I doubt much stock was put in Toffoli re-signing, he'll react to that when it happens - that's this management MO.  Put whatever spin you want on it - and I don't mind the trade btw - but it's time to call a spade a spade on this one - if the Nucks miss the playoffs JB is gone.

Tre

cmon man...you smarterer than this.

we are down leivo, boeser, and ferland.

if anything TT doesn’t even bring the roster back to square.  How is this in any way JB’s fault?  How is he saving jobs by trying to fill a void made by injuries to key pieces?

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

Tre

cmon man...you smarterer than this.

we are down leivo, boeser, and ferland.

if anything TT doesn’t even bring the roster back to square.  How is this in any way JB’s fault?  How is he saving jobs by trying to fill a void made by injuries to key pieces?

He injured them in secret, riff. Now he gets to play the hero.

We have a great young core and their development (playoffs included) is vitally important to the future....not just the picks that may/may not pan out.  The cost of doing business.

I don't think you understand that their confidence is a huge thing to consider right now...missing last year's playoffs wasn't fun for them and they want to be there.  They deserve every opportunity for that and the thinking that overlooks their needs is kind of disheartening.  The grass is always greener with some of the fans.

I love that JB is trying to surround this team with .... pieces for success.  Not saving for down the road.  Will we ever get anyone better than Petey and Quinn?  Very doubtful.  So you have to "build" around them, not in spite of them.

• Huggy Bear 1

9 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I don't think Benning is at much risk of going anywhere.

• Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

JB does nothing now or at trade deadline:

“whahhhhh we never do anything!!!!!  This team hasn’t made the playoffs in 100 years!!!!!“

JB tried to keep team competitive down the stretch by making a trade a week before the deadline when prices will be far higher:

“ whaaaaaah JB traded all the pickz!  Fire JB.  This team has no future!”  Rararararar!!!!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1