Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning Press Conference [Toffoli add, Boeser, Levio injuries]

Rate this topic


Rush17

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Also remember we have Tryamkin and Woo who are not even on the list. The cupboard is full of prospects. Losing one or two or even three will not hurt us in the long term. We could flip Demko and Stecher in the summer to recoup some picks if Marky signs and we bring up Rafferty.  Sutter and Roussel could be flipped for a pick as well in the summer. 

I do think Demko could be traded, but not for 2-3 years at least and only if Marky can keep it up and if DiPietro races along with his development.  At this point Demko is critical for goaltending stability for the next few years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

I do think Demko could be traded, but not for 2-3 years at least and only if Marky can keep it up and if DiPietro races along with his development.  At this point Demko is critical for goaltending stability for the next few years.

The expansion draft might have something to say about that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Didn’t Benning say he will not trade any more picks, but he would consider a prospect providing he had other prospects who play the same position?  So at which positions in our prospect pool do we have the most depth?  Wing, and goalie, right?  Does his comment mean that Hoglander or DiPietro are trade bait fir a rental like Simmons?  

Ugh, my guess is that Benning tries to move some salary for draft picks.  I can't see him trading DiPietro for Simmons.......that would shock me as much as I was shocked to see you type that as a possibility.  Relax.....JB has already stated that he doesn't see them as a contender but he wants the young players to get a taste of the playoffs.  You don't trade key prospects for that.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Ugh, my guess is that Benning tries to move some salary for draft picks.  I can't see him trading DiPietro for Simmons.......that would shock me as much as I was shocked to see you type that as a possibility.  Relax.....JB has already stated that he doesn't see them as a contender but he wants the young players to get a taste of the playoffs.  You don't trade key prospects for that.

What salary has value?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, joe-max said:

He said 7 young players in 2-3 years is the conservative guess. So 7 surefire roster players in his view, but more is possible. My guess:

 

Sure things

- Jasek

- Rafferty

- Juolevi

- Hoglander

- Podkolzin

- Macewen (might have to be included here)

- Tryamkin

 

Possible

- Rathbone

- Woo

- Lind

- Dipietro

- Brisebois

(- Gadjovich)

 

 

 

Macewan and tryamkin don’t really count. Already have NHL experience and have proven they can play. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Could easily take a bad expiring contract in exchange for a pick so another team can go after a rental.  Wouldn't mind getting a 2nd from the Laffs in exchange for letting Barrie sit in our press box.

Loui straight up for Barrie?  Crap for crap? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Leafs can't afford that; they need to somehow bring in 5 defensemen who can play defense, plus re-sign Muzzin.

You mean the great capologist, Dubas, can’t figure that out?  This isn’t in the super wonderful Shanaplan playbook of greatness?  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

 Any team that trades top young players like Bess for a guy who two years ago was showing promise is looking to go seriously backwards.  Fact is Dumba for the last season and this one has been terrible 5 on 5.  Factor in his minus and he’s right about 

Stecher level.  Easy no to any trade for Dumba. 

Alf...you have been hitting the sauce again...…..

 

Stetcher is so far away from being a Dumba calibre player it is not funny

 

Don't let the cats ferment so long!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Alf...you have been hitting the sauce again...…..

 

Stetcher is so far away from being a Dumba calibre player it is not funny

 

Don't let the cats ferment so long!

Check the stats.  Dumba is not playing very well at all, especially 5 on 5.  Considering his minus number, he affects a game right about where Stecher does.  And Stecher is half the cost.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Okay some of you didn’t understand this post.

i don’t think Hoglander is one of the seven JB was talking about.  IMO Hoglander has to do a lot of maturing to play in the NHL.  I see a showboat selfish player.  Still don’t understand?  

I think JB tried to make Hoglander the guy in the trade for Tofu, but the King’s didn’t want him.  

Alf kind of really REALLY doesn’t like this prospect.  

 

So he won't make the NHL cause he's a puck hog? doubt it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Check the stats.  Dumba is not playing very well at all, especially 5 on 5.  Considering his minus number, he affects a game right about where Stecher does.  And Stecher is half the cost.  

Dumba is 5x the player Stech is so stop with your nonsense. He’s having a bad year on a bad team. It happens to a lot of good players and they usually rebound. Especially a 25 year old former 50 point defenceman. He’s a -8! Remember when Edler was a league worse -39? Maaaaaan 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...