The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning Press Conference [Toffoli add, Boeser, Levio injuries]

Rate this topic

Rush17

3 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Dumba is 5x the player Stech is so stop with your nonsense. He’s having a bad year on a bad team. It happens to a lot of good players and they usually rebound. Especially a 25 year old former 50 point defenceman. He’s a -8! Remember when Edler was a league worse -39? Maaaaaan 

I’m telling you Alf has been on the scotch for about 3 days now. 

3 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Dumba is 5x the player Stech is so stop with your nonsense. He’s having a bad year on a bad team. It happens to a lot of good players and they usually rebound. Especially a 25 year old former 50 point defenceman. He’s a -8! Remember when Edler was a league worse -39? Maaaaaan 

I’m stating facts.  We don’t want Dumba.  I’d rather keep Stecher at 3 million, than trade assets for Dumba.  Any team that trades for Dumba (and I’m really hoping it’s the Leafs) is going to be greatly disappointed.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Is that Mr. toss my medal in the stands, because I’m a selfish whiner guy?  

No.  Bronze medals don't get the same reaction as silver, because the team played the game trying to win it.  Fagemo and Hoglander had pretty damn fantastic chemistry for the Swedes; you're clearly too deep into the scotch if you think they wouldn't want Hoglander.  Kid's a beauty and plays with a bit of an edge.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I’m stating facts.  We don’t want Dumba.  I’d rather keep Stecher at 3 million, than trade assets for Dumba.  Any team that trades for Dumba (and I’m really hoping it’s the Leafs) is going to be greatly disappointed.  

You don’t have facts. Ever. Found that out first hand yesterday. 

1 minute ago, 'NucK™ said:

I haven't watch Hog play enough to compare. I'm just trying to understand what you are saying. That he is so bad for a dressing room that he won't make the NHL? Or that being a showoff will affect his game somehow? 

Both.  Teammates hate showoffs, who put the name on the back of the jersey ahead of the crest on the front.  

Just now, King Heffy said:

No.  Bronze medals don't get the same reaction as silver, because the team played the game trying to win it.  Fagemo and Hoglander had pretty damn fantastic chemistry for the Swedes; you're clearly too deep into the scotch if you think they wouldn't want Hoglander.  Kid's a beauty and plays with a bit of an edge.

If you like him King, then I will like him.  You hate softy selfish players. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What?

If there was agreed that net us Dumba that made sense and didn't cost us immediate futures Benning would jump on that faster than the Leafs ship LTIR players to Robidas island

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Matters not.  If a hater of soft selfish players says the kid can play, I’m good with that.  

Fair enough.  You'll like him; he even has a bit of a dirty side.  Got booted out of the semis for this hit.

Russian was diving and it shouldn't have been the game, but he's definitely not soft.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

What?

If there was agreed that net us Dumba that made sense and didn't cost us immediate futures Benning would jump on that faster than the Leafs ship LTIR players to Robidas island

Funny, but have you watched Dumba play over the last year?  He’s not the dynamic guy he was a couple years ago.  His numbers are down, while his minus is up.  He is actually hurting his team.  I used to like Dumba, but there’s something seriously wrong there.  

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Both.  Teammates hate showoffs, who put the name on the back of the jersey ahead of the crest on the front.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Matters not.  If a hater of soft selfish players says the kid can play, I’m good with that.  

well that convo was a waste of time..:huh:

49 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Funny, but have you watched Dumba play over the last year?  He’s not the dynamic guy he was a couple years ago.  His numbers are down, while his minus is up.  He is actually hurting his team.  I used to like Dumba, but there’s something seriously wrong there.  

Have you seen Minni the last 2 seasons?  

2 years ago, the Wild had a 45 win season, Dumba net 50 points

Last year the Wild had a 37 win season, Dumba net 22 points

This year currently, the Wild have 27 wins and Dumba has 20 points.

The entire team, like ALL of them are taking steps backwards.  But Dumba is 25, a decent skater and capable of putting up points while playing with a bit of an edge while being a guaranteed $6 million hit until 2023.  If there was/is a trade that makes sense, Benning jumps on that without flinching.  Alf, come on...