The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild @ Nucks - Feb 19 2020 - 7:30pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

1 hour ago, Rabbit said:

Hoping TT 's first show in Canucks will be successful.

No matter he will be put in the Bo line  or EP40 line, there should be exciting.

GCG

We need this 2 points.

i have a very good feeling about him.  His game is well suited to Miller and EP.  Or Bo and Pearson lol.  Best case scenario he goes off with EP/Miller!

12 hours ago, wildcam said:

If Toffoli signs -- Trade Boser for Dumba ..

Ugghhh with the Dumba. People need to stop this, we already have Hughes, we have zero need for Dumba. If anything, we need a (younger) 'Suter' to play with him.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Ugghhh with the Dumba. People need to stop this, we already have Hughes, we have zero need for Dumba. If anything, we need a (younger) 'Suter' to play with him.

I'm against trading Boeser, but if need be, then I'm still looking at Ristolainen.

2 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I'm against trading Boeser, but if need be, then I'm still looking at Ristolainen.

Yeah, I'm in no hurry to move him either. Damn good player (when healthy), damn good person and close friends with the rest of the core. There's a LOT of risk to moving him and disrupting the locker room. Whether a guy like Toffoli replaces his production or not.

Otherwise, honestly for Boeser, we might be able to do better. But yes, I'd look at Risto as well.

• Cheers 2

11 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Not in stubborn Green’s world 

in that world Loui is a top six player and Toffoli has no need to play with a player he has had chemistry with 

virt should have been and stayed top 6. It wakes Jake up and he picks up his game 

The funny thing is.........by the end of the game, TG can't even stand his own line up and changes to where they should have been in the first place. He has been doing this for awhile and he continues to start LE in the top 6.

This while messing with our core such as Jake and Boes by playing them with players who are struggling on the 3rd line. Don't know how that helps the team or their development.

Play the 1st, 2nd and 4th lines and minimize the 3rd line's minutes until they can work out of their funk. Right now he is weakening the top line to assist the 3rd line while messing with our core's(Jake/Boes) confidence.

Heck even sit those guys(those who are struggling) a game or two to reset and give the prospects a chance while your at it.

I don't know I guess TG thinks we all want to watch LE play 20 minutes a night while our young prospects sit on the bench?

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, pass on Dumba.  We need Tryamkin, or a Pronger, or a Scott Stevens, or someone like that.  You know someone who can and will throw a hit and stand up for our smaller skill guys.  Go Canucks Go!

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

The funny thing is.........by the end of the game, TG can't even stand his own line up and changes to where they should have been in the first place. He has been doing this for awhile and he continues to start LE in the top 6.

This while messing with our core such as Jake and Boes by playing them with players who are struggling on the 3rd line. Don't know how that helps the team or their development.

Play the 1st, 2nd and 4th lines and minimize the 3rd line's minutes until they can work out of their funk. Right now he is weakening the top line to assist the 3rd line while messing with our core's(Jake/Boes) confidence.

Heck even sit those guys(those who are struggling) a game or two to reset and give the prospects a chance while your at it.

I don't know I guess TG thinks we all want to watch LE play 20 minutes a night while our young prospects sit on the bench?

Green uses Horvat's line as a match up line. Unfortunately for us, Eriksson's defensive game is better than Boeser, Virtanen et al in that regard so he gets plunked there.

When Boeser gets healthy, hopefully it puts an end to it but I think people are being willfully obtuse by not 'understanding' the reasoning for playing Eriksson there.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2