Lost games they deserve to win 

This game goes into the lost won they deserve to win column

Marky had a average game the team played well

How many times has Marky stolen games when the team played poorly, many

It all averages out over the course of the season  

and at the end the 8 best teams in each conference make the playoffs

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Green just said Markstrom played well. Are we stupid?  He sure talks as though we are. I am sorry but his attitude will not win us a cup.

I don't agree with Green a ton, but I think Markstrom played fine. A couple unlucky bounces. The problem today was more defense than anything else. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, StealthNuck said:

I don't agree with Green a ton, but I think Markstrom played fine. A couple unlucky bounces. The problem today was more defense than anything else. 

Marky was off on his angles, and scrambling in the crease.  Add to that his confusion with pucks behind the net, and really bad reads in the shootout, and I’d say he actually was not into the game mentally at all.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Think Stech’s Contract status affects his play?  

No, I personally think it is the uncertainty of whether or not he is going to get moved at the deadline may play a factor. He grew up in Richmond, grew up a Canucks fan, got a chance to play for the Canucks and his family is in the area. The idea of being moved to another team any time between now and the trade deadline could get in his head a bit. It is tough, just imagine you going to work everyday thinking you could get relocated to anywhere in North American anytime without any notice. It can be very frustrating. That being said, on a cup contending team, Stecher is a 7th defenseman. The Canucks should think of upgrading that blue line next season. Especially the 3rd defensive pairings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Here come the confused (pseudo down vote) emojis.  

You are, of course, 110% correct though.

and add to the Green coaching methods that JB publicly announces contract talks have broken off with Marky!  What the hell is going on with the guys at the top?  Marky got ran over a couple times in that game.  Guys who are that important should never have to worry about getting a career ending injury because they have no contract security.  I really don’t get what we are thinking sometimes.  

Pettersson took at leat one knee, no response and no number taken.

G'head and hit PETEY often!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I hate playin the Mild..but at least these tilts aren't as ugly/dreadful as recent yrs past.

That lil' F***, Fiala knew what he was doing. Break another leg there buddy(IR for another yr).

Looks like Fiala was trying to break.  He turned his skate to try and stop but Hughes pushed him into Markstrom.  

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BPA said:

JB needs to trade for a top 4 D.

Our D is no longer a personnel issue. It's a system issue.

We can trade for all the top 4 dmen we want but none of them will make a difference as long as we keep playing collapsed zone defence, giving the other team all the time and space in our zone.

I'm getting a feeling whether we make the playoffs or not this year, this is just about as far as the current coaching staff can carry the team. The next step should be handed over to the new coaching staff with more experienced & winning NHL coaching pedigree.

27 minutes ago, 6string said:

I don't see Hughes name in there, the Alll Star game was only a month ago.

your reading comprehension is perfect

his name was not in there

(he is not known for his goal scoring, that is not why he was an all star, he was voted in by nuck fans, not selected like the others chosen)

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

Just now, 6string said:

Pettersson took at leat one knee, no response and no number taken.

G'head and hit PETEY often!

Yup, I saw that too.  Guys are skating through Petey whether he has the puck or not.  It’s kind of sad seeing a great talent like him not having a mate to watch his back.  Jake is our biggest fast guy.  Green should have Jake with Petey.  And coach Jake to injure guys who even look at Petey the wrong way.  No fighting the guy, but really hurt him when the guy is not expecting contact.  We are a very soft team to play against.  The other teams’ top skilled guys have way too easy a time moving around the ice.  This is where Jake should be coached to make those players’ lives miserable.  Again it’s Green’s Philosophy to play passive and chase though.  

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1