Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 19, 2020

Rate this topic


-Vintage Canuck-

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Green can F right off 

 

he starts Loui on line 1 and sits out McEwen 

 

Hughes plays his absolute heart out and has his butt planted on the bench in the shootout. 
 

did Green not see his breakaway hands in the all star game?

 

meanwhile he lets Bo and Pearson shoot after Both playing poor games 

 

 

Don't worry if they miss the playoffs Green will probably lose his job.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, sassbs said:

I loved how toffoli was the only player to stand up to petey and Hughes whenever someone pushed them around.  I hope this country club lifestyle doesn’t wear on him.  I don’t understand why no one else stands up for each other!!!!!  

Its because he's coming from a lockerroom where standing up for eachother is a priority. Don't worry, he's probably already had a talking to from Green that it's unacceptable in this town to be so reactive. He'll soon be a passenger like everyone else.

  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I feel like Gaudette's line is having a tough time generating chances, not off the rush.  Im not slagging on 88, but its an area of concern if the team wants to be as competitive as possible.  How often do we see him set up Roos or Virtanen for scoring chances?

I have been thinking that Gaud is similar to Bo Lite  in that he does not really use his wingers. Similar to Sutter and Beagle also.

So the team has 1 center who can set up plays

That might come back to bite them at some point

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone else think Petey is mentally exhausted?

There is a psychology involved in professional coaching. Green lacks the ability to “read” players, in terms of their strengths, weakness, and what motivates them. A stick or a carrot. He has a hate on Jake, deserved or not. He has a love for Gaudette (so it seems he doesn’t need to be coached) who forgets it’s a team sport. Systems should reflect the team and not the other way around. Green may become an excellent coach,  but first he needs mentoring. Then perhaps some of his arrogance will be tempered.

  • Like 1
  • Wat 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rabid Rooster said:

Does anyone else think Petey is mentally exhausted?

There is a psychology involved in professional coaching. Green lacks the ability to “read” players, in terms of their strengths, weakness, and what motivates them. A stick or a carrot. He has a hate on Jake, deserved or not. He has a love for Gaudette (so it seems he doesn’t need to be coached) who forgets it’s a team sport. Systems should reflect the team and not the other way around. Green may become an excellent coach,  but first he needs mentoring. Then perhaps some of his arrogance will be tempered.

totally agree 

except that arorgance is just masking his own insecurity

imo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

We are missing a top line scorer, a top defensive defenceman and a secondary scoring defenceman and some tougher players. So we are a ways away from doing anything.

Oilers missing more than we are and it’s not stopping them from piling up points and passing us in the standings 

  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

I don’t get Green’s ego. The guy has accomplished absolutely nothing at the coaching level. He has zero right to act the way he does 

 

has not improved our team..  JB improved the roster 
 

 

I don't get why you call it ego. He leans heavily on vets and doing everything the same.

He does not have the faith or imagination to be a great coach.

Its all systems and veteran experience.

I don't honestly think the man has the capability of original thought

 

you call it ego, I call it insecurity

the guy oozes insecurity, the opposite of confidence

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

He came from that culture, which also happened to be a winning culture. 

I wonder if this is imbedded in him or will it fade with time.... love this team but ffs do something physical.   **insert “that’s what sheeeee said” comment**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, lmm said:

I don't get why you call it ego. He leans heavily on vets and doing everything the same.

He does not have the faith or imagination to be a great coach.

Its all systems and veteran experience.

I don't honestly think the man has the capability of original thought

 

you call it ego, I call it insecurity

the guy oozes insecurity, the opposite of confidence

That’s fair 

 

comes across as ego to me 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

That’s fair 

 

comes across as ego to me 

yes, I think that is the plan

coach doesn't want to seem insecure... tries to display ego

coach doesn't want to seem a slow thinker... tries to display pragmatism

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/20/2020 at 9:06 AM, Tracksuit said:

Sutter has to be softest player on the team. I didn’t see one finished body check or anything remotely close to a forecheck from him.  Fragile is a better description than foundation. 

Nothing new here average goaltending isn’t good enough for this to team win.

The outstanding goaltending has masked a lot of the issues that still plague this team. 
Jimmie better hope the guy that’s saved his job last season can get back into vezina form and soon. 
rentals and miss the POs would be a new low for Jimmie and this club. 
With cap Hell  soon to follow. 
 

Sutter has probably been told, "Hey, you are as fragile as a porcelain doll!  Don't hit anybody or get hit.  We will just use you on the faceoffs and penalty kill. "

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Tyndall2 said:

Sutter has probably been told, "Hey, you are as fragile as a porcelain doll!  Don't hit anybody or get hit.  We will just use you on the faceoffs and penalty kill. "

Ha, True but all the more reason to get rid of him ASAP. He’s finally heathy move him before a breeze injures him. That roster spot and cap could go to someone useful. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MacEwen should be in for Eriksson next game.  Petey hasn't been the same since the dirty hit against the Bruins. MacEwen will give them some push back. If TG isn't going to scratch LE, at least take him out of the top 6 and put Tuna back there. Everyone's jobs are on the line if they don't make the playoffs, how can anyone think LE is better than Virtanen or MacEwen? Loui has been ok but not good enough for top6.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...