The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 19, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Green just said Markstrom played well. Are we stupid?  He sure talks as though we are. I am sorry but his attitude will not win us a cup.

It’s not going to even make the playoffs.  We have Boston next, and then a brutal road trip.  I love our team, but truly feel (with Green as the coach) we will be out of a playoff spot when the team returns from this road trip.  

Oh, and sign Marky now.  Clearly he was not into the game 100% tonight.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Even crappy teams, that have no hope left this year, get excited to play us because they know it will be an easy game and the can pad their stats.  We are coached to be passive and chase.  It’s far too easy fir the opponents to move around the ice.  We stick check instead of getting into the body.  Green has a good roster now, and we should be doing a lot better.  

I have said all season that we need to play the body instead of boxIng out and stick waving 

our barn is not a physical place to play and teams don’t fear it 

Green was a marginal soft player and he coaches that way 

there is no accountability for poor on ice performance and he never takes responsibility post game and instead spins the never ending excuses 

it’s time for Green and his staff to move on 

• Like 3

Wow interesting officiating tonight 

shouldve been a 4 on 3 pp 

Things i saw

-sutter has no hustle or endurance left in the tank to many fly buys 

-loui had his legs tonight but ZERO finish 

-to many im gonna dangle 4 opposing players out by petey and miller we need to play posession 

at least we scooped a point onto bos 

Sutter looks so gassed midway through his shifts. His skating, passes, shots, d-zone coverage...seems to be getting worse. Heck even Eriksson seems to skate and check a little harder than Sutter these days. Sutter should get the same criticism as Eriksson imo. Both should be on the trading block if there ever was a market for them. Get some young blood in there.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

The Canucks are playing meaningful games right now and people are pissed 

I really don't get this, I thought this is what hockey was about

I'm really enjoying the Canuck games this season, with all the score board watching and everything

I'm loving this team and they've exceeded my expectations this year already.  

Sorry for the positivity yo!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

so much anger on this board right now

The Canucks are still in a great spot with games in hand on all the teams below them and only 1 point out for 1st in the division

what more do you want???????

We are on a homestand, other than the Nashville game including the Chicago win we have been playing uninpsired hockey.

Man these postgame interview questions...  

They're asking the same questions over and over after every game, like "how was player x" and "what do you think about your team's performance?" Nobody's asking Green tough questions, such as the glaring issues on defence. It's almost like these reporters are afraid of getting into the coach's doghouse.

Seriously, are they only allowed to ask questions that a coach wouldn't give death stare back?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, canuck2288 said:

I have said all season that we need to play the body instead of boxIng out and stick waving 

our barn is not a physical place to play and teams don’t fear it 

Green was a marginal soft player and he coaches that way 

there is no accountability for poor on ice performance and he never takes responsibility post game and instead spins the never ending excuses 

it’s time for Green and his staff to move on 

Here come the confused (pseudo down vote) emojis.  

You are, of course, 110% correct though.

and add to the Green coaching methods that JB publicly announces contract talks have broken off with Marky!  What the hell is going on with the guys at the top?  Marky got ran over a couple times in that game.  Guys who are that important should never have to worry about getting a career ending injury because they have no contract security.  I really don’t get what we are thinking sometimes.  

• Like 1