Sign in to follow this  
-AJ-

Tyler Toffoli | #73 | RW/LW

Just now, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

D2735E32-8AB5-4728-825F-FBEB42532647.thumb.png.1cc0eaea5141d6ada6cdd2d19d6ae4a5.png

I wonder what's brewing. You'd think if we were desperate for a D we would have signed one by now.

Anaheim and San Jose have no cap space for Toffoli.  LA has room and could take him back but they are rebuilding so I doubt they would sign him long term.  If nobody offers him a 4-5 year deal then I think he goes back to LA on a short term 1-2 year deal.  Similar to Hall in taking a short term deal whereby they may get more money in a year or two when the NHL is in better shape financially.  I mean how many long term deals have we seen this free agency?  Not many by my count.

We have so many options on d I don’t understand how everyone one is losing their minds. By my count we have OJ with a spot, then Rafferty, Brisbois, Chatfield, Rathbone and maybe even Tryamkin. That’s 6 extra defencemen   in addition to Edler, Hughes, Myers, Ben. 

we’ll be ok 

• Thanks 1

Im lost on the whole TT thing could someone fill me in? First, could he still sign with the Canucks or is it

that he has moved on or has the team decided not to offer him anything so hes moving on by default?

4 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

Im lost on the whole TT thing could someone fill me in? First, could he still sign with the Canucks or is it

that he has moved on or has the team decided not to offer him anything so hes moving on by default?

He could still sign with the Canucks. It's just that the other 30 teams can also make offers now that he's hit free agency.

That said, I don't see Toffoli signing anywhere except in California, Vancouver, (or just because it'd be funny, Calgary). His wife works for one of the baseball teams in Cali. He's best friends with Pearson. 

Anaheim's on the decline, SJ's on the decline, LA is already in their rebuild, we're set for a step back year before our window begins to open. I think our team looks the most appealing from a winning perspective going forward but I wouldn't want TT for anything longer than 3-4 years max.

• Thanks 1

Honestly, can't blame Benning for this one.

Pearson/Toffoli are good buddies, but Pearson is PROBABLY not going to be extended. What's the point of keeping a 30+ year old Toffoli? All of y'all hate 30+ year old players, and then you whine about not signing one.

Toffoli is a nice piece, but if we want someone like him, there's always guys like that available to trade later. We do have some really nice offensive prospects coming up.

Three things to consider:

1) Flat salary cap

2) Expansion draft

3) Offer sheet risks

The Canucks are actually going to be one of the most well protected teams against all three factors. This isn't a spin. This is reality.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, davidgoliath said:

So what’s the PLAN??

Did you plan on reading any of the posts in the thread? Do you have anything worth contributing?

• Confused 1
  • Vintage 1

A portion of Fans will never be happy with what happens and they are revisionist historians

for ex. None of you remember that We were down Boeser and we were in the fight for the playoffs that’s why Benning went out and got toffoli that move gave us enough to stay in the fight and make it to playoffs where we played 3 rounds. 

appraently success isn’t based on performance of the team but rather based on players contracts. 

• Hydration 1