The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Toffoli | #73 | RW/LW

-AJ-

17 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

For a first game, I was very impressed with Toffoli.

He brings a very different skill set to the first line than does Boeser

He is faster and more aggressive......good shot, not Boeser's calibre

A quick look at his plus minus puts him at a plus 79

I wonder how his advanced stats look when compared to Brock's?

Looks pretty durable...….

Toffoli gives us options, if we want to keep him...…...

Not even going to say what they are...

He will be interesting to watch and see how he contributes

I love his attitude, though

Brock is 22 Toffoli is 27,  Toffoli has played 1 game for us 

• Upvote 2

On 2/20/2020 at 1:39 PM, NUCKER67 said:

Someone I work with mentioned he heard that there's a possibility that Toffoli wants to sign with a NY team this off season, and he's looking for a raise.

So, the Kings will have some good prospects for when they rebuild - Vilardi, Madden, Turcotte, Fagemo, Bjornfot, Kaliyev, Kupari, Thomas...

Better prospects than we have IMO, Canucks are going to have their hands full in about 5 years.

How would your co-worker have this inside info of TT wanting to play in New York. Find it hard to believe unless you work for Sportnet and Elliott Freidman is your co-worker. How does a random guy in Vancouver know what TT wants to do after his first day here. Is this guy Nastradamus? Surprised you would even entertain the thought let alone post it on CDC like there's a shred of truth to it. If he heard it somewhere, why hasn't anyone else? This guy has better intel the Canucks? Lol 

12 hours ago, Boudrias said:

100% agree. TT has played his entire career in the West Coast. He steps into a team that is on the upswing. As much a big deal that he plays with Miller as playing with EP40. He has to be smiling about that. We don't know whether he wants to re-sign with Van or not. Tax treatment alone gives the American teams an advantage. But life is good on the Coast. If the Canucks make playoffs and have a decent run it might get him excited about coming back. He has an abrasiveness similar to Miller which is needed. 

Places like Florida or Texas have low taxes, but California has high taxes. For high income earners like hockey players California has no tax advantage over B.C.

On 2/20/2020 at 3:39 PM, NUCKER67 said:

Someone I work with mentioned he heard that there's a possibility that Toffoli wants to sign with a NY team this off season, and he's looking for a raise.

So, the Kings will have some good prospects for when they rebuild - Vilardi, Madden, Turcotte, Fagemo, Bjornfot, Kaliyev, Kupari, Thomas...

Better prospects than we have IMO, Canucks are going to have their hands full in about 5 years.

Are you seriously trying to crystal ball a teams prospects 5 years in the future?

Good luck with that

Got to hope that Toffoli is having fun in Vancouver and re-signs because he is easily going to be a 30-goal pace scorer on this team's top line. I don't see Boeser getting a look-in at the moment. It'd be nice to see Toffoli and Pearson play together but with Miller and Pettersson setting him up, you can't complain. He's getting 1st line ice-time on a playoff contender and 1st PP unit time, hopefully that's tempting enough to stay.

21 hours ago, HKSR said:

Man, I know it's only a couple games, but if TT keeps this up, I really hope GMJB finds a way to re-sign Toffoli.

If TT continues to play the rest of the season and playoffs the way he has the last two games "and" wants to sign and be a part of this team; I think they can make room for him but it will involve a few roster moves for that to happen and stay under the cap.

I can see Sutter, Roussel and Benn all being traded / moved for picks or prospects. Also; With Eriksson and Baertschi, JB could have a number of options available IMO. They both could wind up playing in Utica, traded in the summer or retire (not likely). Additions to the team would be McEwen and Brisbois or Rafferty brought up as the 7th D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

If TT continues to play the rest of the season and playoffs the way he has the last two games "and" wants to sign and be a part of this team; I think they can make room for him but it will involve a few roster moves for that to happen and stay under the cap.

I can see Sutter, Roussel and Benn all being traded / moved for picks or prospects. Also; With Eriksson and Baertschi, JB could have a number of options available IMO. They both could wind up playing in Utica, traded in the summer or retire (not likely). Additions to the team would be McEwen and Brisbois or Rafferty brought up as the 7th D

I agree, Roussel and Benn are gone for sure, if we can move them. But I think Sutter is actually playing his best hockey yet, and if he stays healthy he's more valuable with us.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, iBlueGreen said:

I agree, Roussel and Benn are gone for sure, if we can move them. But I think Sutter is actually playing his best hockey yet, and if he stays healthy he's more valuable with us.

I like the way Sutter defends when healthy but not sure they would be able to keep him and Toffoli along with all of the other contractual obligations that are coming up and still be under the Cap.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I like the way Sutter defends when healthy but not sure they would be able to keep him and Toffoli along with all of the other contractual obligations that are coming up and still be under the Cap.

Yup.  It’s either Sutter or Tofu.  It’s either Loui or Tanev.  It’s either Baer and Rooster or Marky.  

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  It’s either Sutter or Tofu.  It’s either Loui or Tanev.  It’s either Baer and Rooster or Marky.  

Cap increases by $3m, Stecher walks, Sutter traded with $1.3m retained, Loui retires, Baer bought out, Benn goes to Utica.  +/-  $18m cap space!

Don't worry, be happy.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

On 2/23/2020 at 3:23 AM, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Love his choice in wardrobe :lol:

ERct67VVAAAAvbz?format=jpg&name=small

On 2/23/2020 at 3:43 AM, Dats hockey said:

That’s honestly priceless is that real or photoshopped.

If this is real, Doughty is crying in a corner somewhere that a former King wore this the moment he became a Canuck.

• Haha 1