The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Tyson Barrie

brian42

1 hour ago, dontaylorforprez said:

I think this is hogwash.. if they couldn’t land Simmonds, and (to some) overpaid for Toffoli. I think a more suitable, and maybe cheaper route, may be Granlund. 

FD4A06C7-B083-4209-864D-9738ED3F95FF.png

Barf

No more mini grandma's anywhere near the canucks roster, k, thx, byeeeee

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Well if you believe the Gaudette rumours maybe it’s something like:

Gaudette, Stecher, Baertschi for Barrie

GMJB Specifically said, they moved madden because of the 3 young Centers on the Canucks

Petey Horvat Gaudette.

37 minutes ago, Winter Soldier said:

The idea of Gaudette being in play has already been shot down by the credible insiders. It was a rumour started by a nobody on Twitter.

Thank you @Winter Soldier

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, brian42 said:

Source: Bob Mckenzie:  https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/insider-trading-is-there-a-real-possibility-the-leafs-move-barrie~1905512

Toronto is willing to listen on Tyson Barrie.

Toronto wants assets that can help them now but may flip acquired picks/prospects to another team.

Toronto also wants a right hand D-man to play with Riley.  May or may not see Troy Stecher as a fit. 

If Vancouver did this deal they'd have zero chance to sign all of their UFAs so they would be helping the team for this year at the expense of the future.  However if Stecher is a part of a deal the argument can be made that he wouldn't have been re-signed anyways with a guy like Rafferty or Tryamkin stepping in. 

lol this is so funny. So they trade Barrie for Stecher because Stecher is better than Barrie?

If it's Stecher for Barrie, 1-for-1 trade, and assuming the cap numbers work out, I'd say, why not?

44 minutes ago, Winter Soldier said:

The idea of Gaudette being in play has already been shot down by the credible insiders. It was a rumour started by a nobody on Twitter.

i hope so

i am dead set against trading gaudette this season

we need to see if he will blossom next season

there is a very real chance he can and will

he will likely be worth a hell of a lot more next season at this time

and that might convince everyone he is in our long term plans

• Upvote 1

Instead of getting offensive defacemen. How about we try to get a d-man learning the ropes in the NHL, it will be cheaper. 

Noah to build our defensive Ark

Noah Dobson New York Islanders, 30 NHL games, 5 points, -3, 6'4", 193 lbs. Also a right hand shot. 

Trade Tanev for Dobson, Islanders have tons of cap space. Islanders want to hold onto a playoff spot. 

Canucks get bigger on the back end, and younger, and he's earning under a million until 2022. 

Solves a lot of problems. Not sure if Lou would be willing to pull the trigger on a deal like that though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

I don’t know about this. We need a guy in the back end that is responsible and although Barrie has great offensive upside, he is suspect at being a good defender. 

I wanted Barrie before the season started but now we have Hughes that’s excelling at that. Do we need 2 offensive defenders?

If so, they would have to be paired with defensive defencemen:

Hughes Edler

Barrie Myers

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Because Stecher can play defense.

Between him and Benn he is one of the worst defenders on the team and we need upgrades there.

I don't think we should trade for Barrie but he is a legitimate top 4 defenseman.

We should be trying for more gritter defensive dman.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Instead of getting offensive defacemen. How about we try to get a d-man learning the ropes in the NHL, it will be cheaper. 

Noah to build our defensive Ark

Noah Dobson New York Islanders, 30 NHL games, 5 points, -3, 6'4", 193 lbs. Also a right hand shot. 

Trade Tanev for Dobson, Islanders have tons of cap space. Islanders want to hold onto a playoff spot. 

Canucks get bigger on the back end, and younger, and he's earning under a million until 2022. 

Solves a lot of problems. Not sure if Lou would be willing to pull the trigger on a deal like that though. 

NYI will not trade Dobson, 20  future #2 D man  for Tanev....Tanev is hurt every year...

Maybe Gaudette and Tanev ---- Dobson & 4th rounder...

14 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

The only way this happens is if Benning has some secret incriminating pictures of Dubas involving sheep and maybe a few midgets (sorry, Little People).

When viewing TO's deals(Marleau, fritter a 1st) & Kadri for this guy & Kerfoot, one can't possibly claim to know what this KD might consider wise or rational.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Between him and Benn he is one of the worst defenders on the team and we need upgrades there.

I don't think we should trade for Barrie but he is a legitimate top 4 defenseman.

We should be trying for more gritter defensive dman.

Barrie is a massive liability in his own end.  Stecher, Benn, and half the guys in Utica are better than him.

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

Barrie is a massive liability in his own end.  Stecher, Benn, and half the guys in Utica are better than him.

Despite what you think Barrie is still a top 4 Dman.

Last 6 seasons Barrie's averaged over 21 minutes a game while Stecher is only averaging 15 minutes a game this year now that we have a top 4.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Outsiders said:

Wonder if a Tanev for Barrie straight up deal would work?

- Tanev and Rielly played together at the worlds.

- TOR needs a defensive man

- we get a PP2 QB.

- Canucks shouldn't pay Tanev 5+ in free agency

- Tyson Barrie will cost 6.5? 50 PT d man would he take a little less to play here? 5 x 6 (Myers contract)

Edler-Barrie

Hughes-Myers 

Irony is that Tanev has more points than Myers so far this season.

• Cheers 1