The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Ducks trade Ondrej Kase to Bruins for David Backes, Axel Andersson, 2020 1st-round pick

1 minute ago, billabong said:

Gives you an idea of what the Canucks would have to give up to dump 2 years of eriksson on to someone 

Lind, juolevi and/or a 1st round pick might not get it done 

It's &^@#ed

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I agree, they shed much needed salary and get a good young winger for probably a very late first. This is probably equivalent to us trading  Lind, Gadj and Loui For Kase, which I would do in a heart beat. 

axel is a 2 nd pick  so more like a 1st hoglander  loui   so no to that  kinda of trade

3 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

This is equivalent to us trading LE, 1st and Woo for Miles Wood.

Not really, our 1st would be much higher better than Boston's, Woo is a better prospect than Andersson, and Loui still plays in the NHL. 

I also like Kase alot more than Miles Wood.

Edited by Bure_Pavel

7 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

I watched Kase play down in Anaheim a few times. If his hand speed ever catches up to his foot speed, he’ll be an elite player.  Big win for Boston in this trade.

We hear this time and time again (eg Raymond, etc), seems rare the hands can ever really suddenly match the speed.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

This would be the cost to get rid of Loui.

15 minutes ago, Losing With Pride said:

I think both teams win if that’s the case. Anaheim gets a first round pick, prospect and Boston gets rid of dead salary and acquires a good player. 

Not if we don't expect to get a 'Kase' back, retain 50% and take back +/- $1m of AHL salary.