The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal/Discussion] VAN-DET

HKSR

So what do you guys think is the cost for Athanasiou?  He'd be an excellent winger to add for versatility and speed.  Downside is he's a pending RFA.

To VAN:

Athanasiou

4th Rd Pick

To DET:

Kole Lind

Roussel

Stecher

Detroit adds an excellent prospect in Lind, and some grit with Roussel, while also adding a good RHD in Stecher.

Edited by HKSR
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

13 minutes ago, HKSR said:

So what do you guys think is the cost for Athanasiou?  He'd be an excellent winger to add for versatility and speed.  Downside is he's a pending RFA.

To VAN:

Athanasiou

4th Rd Pick

To DET:

Kole Lind

Roussel

Stecher

Detroit adds an excellent prospect in Lind, and some grit with Roussel, while also adding a good RHD in Stecher.

Big Big no, why would they make a trade like this? Anthansiou would not be a top 6, maybe #9 already have lots of 3rd line wingers.....Benning would never make that trade..

4 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Big Big no, why would they make a trade like this? Anthansiou would not be a top 6, maybe #9 already have lots of 3rd line wingers.....Benning would never make that trade..

A big no from the Canucks perspective?  Or from Detroit's perspective?

I'd understand if you said from Detroit's perspective as you do realize Athanasiou was a 30 goal scorer last year right?  This is a case of 'buy low'...

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

To VAN:

Athanasiou

4th Rd Pick

To DET:

Kole Lind

Roussel

Stecher

So the Canucks trade away their defense depth and grit for a top 9 forward? 
how does this make sense for either team? 

1 hour ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

So the Canucks trade away their defense depth and grit for a top 9 forward? 
how does this make sense for either team? 

If a 30 goal scorer is a top 9 forward, then chalk up Brock Boeser as a top 9 forward as well.  

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

To VAN:

Athanasiou

4th Rd Pick

To DET:

Kole Lind

Roussel

Stecher

Peeps are really underrating Athanasiou: big, tough C who scored 30g last season.  Not sure why the Wings do this trade, but it would be an upgrade for the Canucks at 3C and great depth.

I don't think Detroit likes this trade. 

4 hours ago, HKSR said:

To VAN:

Athanasiou

4th Rd Pick

To DET:

Kole Lind

Roussel

Stecher

I wouldn’t even opposed to bringing in AA, but only as a Center on the 3rd line (replacing Gaudette, and so Gaudette would be a part of said hypothetical package to Detroit).   Would really just depend on the cap hit that AA would get through.  I don’t think we’d be able to afford him.   

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

If a 30 goal scorer is a top 9 forward, then chalk up Brock Boeser as a top 9 forward as well.  

Are you a Canuck’s fan or not?  Seemingly you’re a Detroit fan.  Leave our board and post nasty things about our players over on your own board.  Thanks.  

16 hours ago, Alflives said:

Are you a Canuck’s fan or not?  Seemingly you’re a Detroit fan.  Leave our board and post nasty things about our players over on your own board.  Thanks.  

Nah was just making a point to the other poster about calling Athanasiou a top 9 forward.  Clearly Boeser and Athanasiou are both top 6 forwards.

20 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Peeps are really underrating Athanasiou: big, tough C who scored 30g last season.  Not sure why the Wings do this trade, but it would be an upgrade for the Canucks at 3C and great depth.

I don't think Detroit likes this trade. 

Ugh hes not big. Or tough. And cant win faceoffs.

He scores on breakaways because of his speed... 

Passsssss

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

29 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Nah was just making a point to the other poster about calling Athanasiou a top 9 forward.  Clearly Boeser and Athanasiou are both top 6 forwards.

Boeser is a first line allstar winger.  The ?Detroit player with the stupid name is a bottom six guy.  We don’t want or need him.  Their team has only one forward we want, and that’s Mantha.  Rest are punks.  

Love AA's speed. Not sure I give up Lind for him though. I think Lind's ceiling is higher. Whether or not he reaches it is a different story but still would rather gamble on that potential than give it up for a middle 6 winger. If he can be had for a middling prospect like Lockwood and a middling pick (4th rounder) I'd take him. Lol. And obviously some sort of cap dump going back.

Edited by N7Nucks