The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Another Boeser Deal(Discussion)

After pondering this BB rumour since yest, here's the kind of deal I'd like to see.

Other variables established: We win vs Minny, thus, give our 1st(in the 20's) to the Swamp Devils

Big Nik & Rathbone sign deals in Vancouver.

Jacob & TT inked; as well as RFA's AG & JV

Van: Boeser, Baertschi, BSutter, Demko, OJ

Ottawa: Colin White, Brannstrom, Hogberg, 2020 1st(from NYI, perhaps #15 OA pick?), 2020 2nd(say 45th OA), 2021 2nd(SJ Sharks pick)

^Don't know if we'd get both 2nd's..but being a Van board have suggested it

This deal addresses our cap crunch. Also next yr's ED(OJ would need protection, whereas Brannstrom doesn't)

Demko likely ED-targeted, from our pov. Hogberg can bridge(as backup) to when MD is fully prepped

White & Virtanen can jockey for 2nd/3rd line RW. The guy has 25 mill outstanding in real bux..betting Melnyk would like to flip his deal

CWhite, being under 26, in worst-case scenario, is a very cheap buyout-option(adding value to this asset)

On 2/22/2020 at 4:25 PM, bad alice french said:

I've been biting my tongue on this recently but was wondering what CDC thought about Brock for Dumba straight up.

I'd only be willing to part ways with "the flow" for a top 4 defender.

Actually came on to possibly start a thread on this in proposals and came across this. Not down for a Greenway type player but like your thoughts on a stud D man.

Not enough.

Dumba is ok but far from elite.

I'd be ok with him if we also got their first rounder this year.

I'm really hoping JB's eyeing Braden Schneider.

Kid is a beast of a defender with more offense to tap into.Just the guy we need.

6'3",, 210 lbs, hits like a freight train, and has a great knack for knowing when to throw his weight around and not take penalties or take himself out of position.