The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Boston Bruins at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 22, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

16 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Where's Alf? Hire Babs

All this ringing in my ear from cheering so much and now I ask myself the same question. We are talking about babs the coach and not babs my ex wife, right? I’m concerned because she liked the short and hairy type..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Feeling for Toffoli a bit tonight on after hours. They really badgered him about the trade. How many different ways are you going to ask him how tough it is on him to be traded?

Knew that his wife worked for the LA Dodgers so happy to hear that she likes the city. I hope he does too and wants to be a part of our bright future here. 

I was worried how his wife would take to the move.  Given her Dodger job and her looks, it all screams California.

Maybe she can take Cassie's job!

35 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I still find it funny that many on here would've traded Jake years ago. Also funny that Jake's development was questioned throughout the years.

I definitely was a jake trader. Today , i feel shame.

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

How nice of the Canucks to win and become 33-22 like the Jerseys of the Sedins numbers were 33 and 22. Sedins were 39 years old when their Jerseys got retired and the bruins lost 3-9 and stayed on 39 wins for the season.

Illuminati :o 

1 minute ago, khay said:

I've been watching Avs games more to watch Makar and compare him to Quinn. It's not even close. And to his credit, Makar makes the right plays; he passes and skates well, and his shot is pretty good. Makar's way of relieving himself of aggressive forecheck is to pass and his passes are usually quite accurate.

Hughes way of relieving the pressure is 1) tape-to-tape pass or 2) take the puck all the way to the offensive zone, disrupt opposition's defensive formation and set up teammates. 

Makar doesn't tilt the ice in his team's favor like Quinn does.

Quinn plays the role MacKinnon plays on Avs for Canucks.

Quinn is probably the best player on this team and impacts he has on his team far exceeds Makar's impact on the Avs.

Without Hughes, this team is probably outside looking in. Without Makar, Avs are still safely in the playoffs.

Yeah Makar definitely plays an intelligent game though. It's not nearly as flashy (though it definitely can be), but 9/10 times from the games I've watched he's making the right plays. Both are absolute studs but I really think Quinn is gonna get screwed over unless he pulls away with points this season. He's riskier but he makes the more difficult play and he pulls them off which is absolutely marvellous. I don't think enough votes come from the most knowledgeable people from the west coast so there's gonna be a lot of bias going into voting. 

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1