The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Team MVP

Rate this topic

Sedinyoureyesontheprize

Team MVP   

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1st vote (and it isn't close): Marky

2nd vote: Hughes

3rd vote: Miller

This is the way I see it. Without the goaltending we have had from him, this team would be struggling to even be considered in a wildcard spot. He truly has won us several games on his own, and kept us in games we had no business being in. Quite literally, the season is likely lost without him.

Hughes now brings us the dynamic aspect we have missed from the blueline since... well... ever. It makes a massive difference to have that level of movement back there for our forwards. He may very well end up our MVP at some point but I feel he is a luxury instead of an absolute necessity. 

My third pick for Miller is because I feel he is our best -overall- forward right now. He takes few nights off, seems to be a real leader, makes his linemates better, and plays a very strong game in the hard areas. Exactly the kind of forward we needed. But still - could we go on without him? I believe we could. Hence - the perfect player for us, but not one we couldn't live without if we absolutely had to.

So yes.. Marky. My selection is part based on my long-standing belief that a strong goalie is the true cornerstone of a successful hockey team. The rest (defense/scoring) can be done by committee.

Honourable mention: Tanev. He has had a great year defensively, a good year offensively (for him), has remained healthy, and I believe is a big reason why we have seen Hughes transition so quickly and well to the NHL.

Edited by kloubek

Increasingly I feel like agreeing with the others and saying Marky.

Whether that LA game/ the game against Carolina/ the debacle against Chicago where we were outshot 3-1 on Sedin night or the others where he's held down the fort when the guys in front of him didn't give him nearly the help he needed, without him we wouldn't be close to where we are.  Behind an emerging group of young guns who are prone to make mistakes I think he's just what they need in terms of stability.

Hughes probably 2nd and Miller 3rd (Hughes' dynamic transition game is what the team needs, and Miller is instrumental in so many ways as a Swiss Army knife guy).

Loui Eriksson, threw this team on his back, when media bashed him he shot that down and led the charge, when stuck in the press box early on he chose vegetables over potato chips, when there is an empty net he seals that game for us open your eyes folks! 

I mean that markstrom guy is pretty okay when Loui is off the ice and the other team is able to touch the puck and take shots 

No doubt in my mind Marky is our MVP, not just for his stellar play but also for his obvious leadership on this team. Marky should be in the Hart trophy conversation and an obvious Vezina finalist. If the remainder of the season plays out as the first 75% has, Hughes should be an easy Calder choice and a Norris finalist as well. I think Bo should get some Selke consideration and I wish there was an award for what Miller has meant to this team. Not only has he been far better than expected but he has brought a whole new winning attitude to this team. This is team is far harder on the puck top to bottom than any Canucks team in the past five years. I think that's a work ethic, professionalism and attitude that Miller brought to Vancouver.

Marky
Hughes

MilleR/Petey

Unreal how all 3 hAve been in all games I seen

I was sitting behind Marky For 2 periods at our 1-0 overtime win against Carolina back in December and he was absoutely ridiculous.

Then was behind the net for Peteys backhand top shelf OT winner

Best 0-0 game I have ever been to just watching Marky make his 43 save shutout

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canuckleheads fan said:

I wish there was an award for what Miller has meant to this team. Not only has he been far better than expected but he has brought a whole new winning attitude to this team. This is team is far harder on the puck top to bottom than any Canucks team in the past five years. I think that's a work ethic, professionalism and attitude that Miller brought to Vancouver.

Unfortunately that is probably the Mark Messier Leadership Paperweight / Doorstopper.

• Haha 1