The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Devils trade Louis Domingue to Canucks for Zane McIntyre

9 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He’s gonna be well rested. We haven’t played a lot of game last couple weeks. 

Need for him to go on a stretch like at the beginning of the season when Marky was in Sweden. 

it would fare well if we had a good road trip. 

don't worry about it

wins still count even if the nucks can't hold the other team to under 5

so long as the team continues the 1 win trend of scoring 9 goals per game

Another big-man goalie,..that’s fine & great! Send for Ian Clarke to get in some quick work with this guy, pronto! 

Goalie depth is extremely important, especially with an imminent expansion draft looming. We know there will be some strategic poaching done by this new Seattle franchise to help themselves, but also to attempt to weaken their divisional opponents in turn. 

It’s Demko’s turn to grow & shine, and play in situations with some increased pressure. Who knows what Louis Domingue can become under Clarke’s tutilage? I believe in Marky, Demko & the whole team & pray that this time for Marky to rest & heal will help the lads to be full-tilt ready for any & all of the post-season excitement to come!!

Go Canucks Go!!!

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 2

Well I am going to pretend I haven’t followed the Canucks for the past 30 years or so and NOT assume things are going to just fall apart as always

Demko is going to play lights out, which puts pressure on the Markstrom camp, meaning we get him a little cheaper.  Then we flip a suddenly more valuable Demko at the draft to shed Eriksson... and we can re-sign all our pending free agents.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

Well I am going to pretend I haven’t followed the Canucks for the past 30 years or so and NOT assume things are going to just fall apart as always

Demko is going to play lights out, which puts pressure on the Markstrom camp, meaning we get him a little cheaper.  Then we flip a suddenly more valuable Demko at the draft to shed Eriksson... and we can re-sign all our pending free agents.

I don't think it's a great plan to flip your Stanley Cup winning goaltender just to clear some cap...:bigblush:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Provost said:

Yikes I hope we don’t give up Demko just to get rid of LE. 
better we just save by not resigning the 30 year old markstrom. and he’s been our MVP but the body of work to this point doesn’t scream 4 more years of dominance. Geez it wasn’t long ago Nielsen and markstrom were equals. 

I hope Demko plays lights out so it makes markstrom expendable and solves the expansion and saves $$cap.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

Yikes I hope we don’t give up Demko just to get rid of LE
better we just save by not resigning the 30 year old markstrom. and he’s been our MVP but the body of work to this point doesn’t scream 4 more years of dominance. Geez it wasn’t long ago Nielsen and markstrom were equals. 

I hope Demko plays lights out so it makes markstrom expendable and solves the expansion and saves $$cap.

That was out of nowhere

• Haha 1

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancouver-canucks-louis-domingue/c-315488030

Through 138 career NHL games and 122 games started, Domingue has posted a 58-57-10 record, .904 save percentage and a 3.04 goals-against average with the Arizona Coyotes, Tampa Bay Lightning and New Jersey Devils. He has registered two career shutouts.

Edited by Mackcanuck

Gave up less this year for LD than we did for Mazanec last year. Good move.

This is massive news tho... our MVP goes down, time for the boys to pull together. Its a downgrade from Markstrom to Demko but it shouldn't sink us. Its gunna be up to the skaters to tighten things up a bit more defensively.

Demko will be able to get into a groove, & it'll be an ppportunity for him to show what he's got. 

44 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I don't understand why the Devils would simply help the Canucks out by giving them a more experienced 3rd string option but I'll take it. 

Maybe they felt bad for making us listen to Simmonds rumours for a week.

Devils save cash. Domingue is on a 1-way deal. His salary in the minors is almost triple Zane’s.