The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Devils trade Louis Domingue to Canucks for Zane McIntyre

Just got home and I gotta read this. Ffnn Boston. I hate them. I hope all their sports franchises slide into oblivion. I see read when I hear that Baawstan accent, their girls are ugly, I hope they all choke on their chowder. Can't believe they stuck it to us again. Get well Marky. I need my beer before I punch a wall. 

• Cheers 4
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

And rest our #1 for a deep playoff run.

@Canadiens

@Senators

@Maple Leafs

@Blue Jackets

vs. Islanders *

@Coyotes

@Avalanches

vs. Jets *

vs. Lightning *

@Ducks

@Kings

@ Golden Knights

vs. Sharks

vs. Flames

vs. Ducks

@Stars

@Coyotes

vs. Golden Knights

All remaining games are winnable for the Canucks. The games with * may be very difficult. But after watching the Boston game, anything is possible. Demko has made as high quality stops as Markstrom so far.

If the Canucks win the games they should win, they’re in the playoffs.

Boston was playing their third game in four nights. 

Golden Knights are doing well right now and just traded for a goaltender which seemed to be their weak link. 

Dallas and Colorado are also better than us if recent games are an indication. Coyotes are going to get Kuemper (their #1 goalie) back soon. 

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, we play 3 games in four nights, 4 times with the remaining schedule. This includes 4 back to back games.

That is the part that makes it tough as we won't be able to use Demko for all those games. 

My point is the schedule isn't as easy as your making it out to be. 

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, Unknown1995 said:

Golden Knights are doing well right now and just traded for a goaltender which seemed to be their weak link. 

Dallas and Colorado are also better than us if recent games are an indication. Coyotes are going to get Kuemper (their #1 goalie) back soon. 

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, we play 3 games in four nights, 4 times with the remaining schedule. This includes 4 back to back games.

That is the part that makes it tough as we won't be able to use Demko for all those games. 

My point is the schedule isn't as easy as your making it out to be

Agree completely.  I think you'll see Demko play 90% of the games while Marky is out, even back to back.  Demko is used to carrying a heavy load for his team........he put that Utica team on his shoulders for two years, at least.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Unknown1995 said:

Didn’t say it was an easy schedule. I said most of them are winnable.

Edited by Me_
  • Haha 1

Just now, Me_ said:

Didn’t say it was an easy schedule. I say most of the a winnable.

4 back to backs. 

4 times we play 3 games in 4 nights

That's a tough schedule for even the best team in league as we found out in our game against Boston. (They were playing their 3rd game in four nights when they played us). 

1 minute ago, Unknown1995 said:

4 back to backs. 

4 times we play 3 games in 4 nights

That's a tough schedule for even the best team in league as we found out in our game against Boston. (They were playing their 3rd game in four nights when they played us). 

Didn’t say it was an easy schedule. I said most of them are winnable.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Unknown1995 said:

Louis will have to play at least one of those 3 in 4 night games...but Marky might be back in 3 weeks...not sure how that jibes with the remaining 3 in 4's but that is well before the end of the season at least.

edit; just checked and Marky will be back for the last 2 back to back's and it will be right about 3 weeks in for the 3rd back to back on Marck 12th and 13th...

Edited by Rollieo Del Fuego

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Demko will be fine and Domingue will hold the fort during back to back games.

Team will have to tighten up defensive game.

Marky injury could be a blessing in disguise. Team will be playing it's best defensive hockey going into the playoffs.

They need to stay aggressive in their own end, like they did against Boston

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Louis will have to play at least one of those 3 in 4 night games...but Marky might be back in 3 weeks...not sure how that jibes with the remaining 3 in 4's but that is well before the end of the season at least.

I have a hard time seeing it being less than 4-6 weeks.  I had a miniscus sprain and it was 8 weeks.......obviously he doesn't have to go to work and their medical/rehab is world class.  Still, it'll be a full month, imo.

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Hopefully Marky recovers quickly.  This gives us a chance to see what Demko can do as the starter and allows us to make an informed decision on the goalie situation.  Not ideal, but it could be a lot worse.

So what do you think the organization will do if Demko does prove his worth, and plays equally well as Markström? 

Do they then decide to keep Demko over Markström? Keep the young, proving his worth goaltender, over the 30 year old Markström? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Shades of when Cloutier went down and Auld played ok.  We mixed, but goaltending wasn't the problem.  Show the boys the Toronto game and tell them it's up to them to make it easier on our goalies.

Agreed King.  This Marky injury could be a blessing.  Maybe Gredn changes his systems to reduce shots and increase our possession?  Maybe he encourages our guys to play hard on and off pucks, instead of reaching for pucks and not being hard to play against.  My worry is Green makes no changes, and we fall fast.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Agreed King.  This Marky injury could be a blessing.  Maybe Gredn changes his systems to reduce shots and increase our possession?  Maybe he encourages our guys to play hard on and off pucks, instead of reaching for pucks and not being hard to play against.  My worry is Green makes no changes, and we fall fast.  

I am of the belief that Green's a good coach. He's done a lot of good for some of our players, the biggest of course is Virtanen. Working on Boeser so that he's a more complete player. Changes take time. I think Green will adjust and tweak his systems. He seems to be a "adjust as you go" kind of coach. If something's not working, he'll mix things up. 

I think the team plays hard off and on the puck. Am I wrong? 

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

So what do you think the organization will do if Demko does prove his worth, and plays equally well as Markström? 

Do they then decide to keep Demko over Markström? Keep the young, proving his worth goaltender, over the 30 year old Markström? 

I been thinking of that a lot. I gotta think JB and staff have a list of possible goalies that will bw exposed at the expansion draft. Maybe there will be many options and they take their chances exposing Demko if Marky is signed?

13 minutes ago, rekker said:

Just got home and I gotta read this. Ffnn Boston. I hate them. I hope all their sports franchises slide into oblivion. I see read when I hear that Baawstan accent, their girls are ugly, I hope they all choke on their chowder. Can't believe they stuck it to us again. Get well Marky. I need my beer before I punch a wall. 

They try to injure Petey last time and still manage to take Markstrom out after he narrowly misses getting his eye poked out. Something fishy about this league when the Canucks have a list of injuries the length of your arm every year for the last 5 in a row while teams like Washington, TB and Boston barely ever have any. Trump's Murica of winners. You can take runs, dirty hits from behind, you name it on some teams while others are protected and it shows blatantly in the injury reports. Boston, Calgary and other teams feels justified to try and take out our players and the league not only does nothing, will punish us if we respond. This news ruined my day, reality sets in and you realize we'll never win a cup with the $#$holes that run the league. They'll just do what LV Scumbags did to Leivo any time things aren't going their way and the league will get off on it.  Watched the horse s$^t  trade deadline show just to hear at the end once again someone took out our top player. Was that Eric Francis on that show, the Calgary goof that was laughing about Pettersson getting injured last year? I'd like to flatten that smug little POS. Also why was the panel commending Kreider for running goalies like it's some kind of attribute, they even mentioned the Price incident, which was a blatant attempt to injure. The whole leagues run by a bunch of mental patients.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Timbermen said:

They try to injure Petey last time and still manage to take Markstrom out after he narrowly misses getting his eye poked out. Something fishy about this league when the Canucks have a list of injuries the length of your arm every year for the last 5 in a row while teams like Washington, TB and Boston barely ever have any. Trump's Murica of winners. You can take runs, dirty hits from behind, you name it on some teams while others are protected and it shows blatantly in the injury reports. Boston, Calgary and other teams feels justified to try and take out our players and the league not only does nothing, will punish us if we respond. This news ruined my day, reality sets in and you realize we'll never win a cup with the $#$holes that run the league. They'll just do what LV Scumbags did to Leivo any time things aren't going their way and the league will get off on it.  Watched the horse s$^t  trade deadline show just to hear at the end once again someone took out our top player. Was that Eric Francis on that show, the Calgary goof that was laughing about Pettersson getting injured last year? I'd like to flatten that smug little POS. Also why was the panel commending Kreider for running goalies like it's some kind of attribute, they even mentioned the Price incident, which was a blatant attempt to injure. The whole leagues run by a bunch of mental patients.

We need some frontier justice.

• Cheers 2