The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Devils trade Louis Domingue to Canucks for Zane McIntyre

44 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

They try to injure Petey last time and still manage to take Markstrom out after he narrowly misses getting his eye poked out. Something fishy about this league when the Canucks have a list of injuries the length of your arm every year for the last 5 in a row while teams like Washington, TB and Boston barely ever have any. Trump's Murica of winners. You can take runs, dirty hits from behind, you name it on some teams while others are protected and it shows blatantly in the injury reports. Boston, Calgary and other teams feels justified to try and take out our players and the league not only does nothing, will punish us if we respond. This news ruined my day, reality sets in and you realize we'll never win a cup with the $#$holes that run the league. They'll just do what LV Scumbags did to Leivo any time things aren't going their way and the league will get off on it.  Watched the horse s$^t  trade deadline show just to hear at the end once again someone took out our top player. Was that Eric Francis on that show, the Calgary goof that was laughing about Pettersson getting injured last year? I'd like to flatten that smug little POS. Also why was the panel commending Kreider for running goalies like it's some kind of attribute, they even mentioned the Price incident, which was a blatant attempt to injure. The whole leagues run by a bunch of mental patients.

I don't recall the play where Marky got hurt.......when was it?

20 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

FYI before you start throwing your purse around at Green it's easy to tear your meniscus doing anything athletic. I tore mine doing box jumps.

I did mine on a harmless bump on front of the net trying to box a guy out.  Totally insignificant play

2 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

yes it can be

Just confirmed with Dr Mark Recchi on that in which he concurs.:)

Damn. Can’t wait to hear on Wednesday the diagnosis. If Markström is out for the rest of the season. That’s a lot of pressure on Demko to carry the team. He hasn’t even played that much this season. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

This is exactly why we drafted and developed a goalie with a high pick, to have this depth.

Demko is more than capable as long as the team plays hard in front of him.

Im excited to see what he can do with a long stretch of games. 

I think Demko will be fine as long as the team shows up. LOL 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Agreed King.  This Marky injury could be a blessing.  Maybe Gredn changes his systems to reduce shots and increase our possession?  Maybe he encourages our guys to play hard on and off pucks, instead of reaching for pucks and not being hard to play against.  My worry is Green makes no changes, and we fall fast.  

Always a good opportunity to bash TG right Alf? Just worry this time, that's a change 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I think Demko will be fine as long as the team shows up. LOL 

Demko doesn’t even need to be great jut solid.

He can let in 3 goals a game. This team has the ability to score 4+ goals a game. They’ve won a lot of games this season doing that.

Demko will be fine and can handle a large workload.

Rookie year in Utica, in the last month of the season, Green rode him 3 games in 3 nights.   3 times.

In those 9 games he was 7-2 with a 92.8 sv%   Included a 38 save shutout and winning in WB in OT on a Sunday afternoon making 43 saves after travelling from Utica the night before.

First weekend was in Utica.  

Second weekend - first game in Utica, then to Bridgeport, then to Providence.

Third weekend - First game in Rochester, 2nd in Utica, 3rd in Wilkes Barry

Last time I checked, the Comets don't fly charter jets or stay in 5 star hotels.

Big question will be how quickly he can shake off the rust and get in his groove.

Demko.3in3.jpg

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, goaliefreak68 said:

Demko will be fine and can handle a large workload.

Rookie year in Utica, in the last month of the season, Green rode him 3 games in 3 nights.   3 times.

In those 9 games he was 7-2 with a 92.8 sv%   Included a 38 save shutout and winning in WB in OT on a Sunday afternoon making 43 saves after travelling from Utica the night before.

First weekend was in Utica.  

Second weekend - first game in Utica, then to Bridgeport, then to Providence.

Third weekend - First game in Rochester, 2nd in Utica, 3rd in Wilkes Barry

Last time I checked, the Comets don't fly charter jets or stay in 5 star hotels.

Big question will be how quickly he can shake off the rust and get in his groove.

Demko.3in3.jpg

Having recent AHL experience and it's compressed weekend heavy schedule and coming from the NCAA where it's usually two games a weekend has prepared TD for the next month +

Looking at the schedule Domingue would likely play 3 of the next 15 games if Marky is out 3 weeks.

Green has to watch the back to backs very carefully when slotting Domingue in.

possibly play Demko in Montreal and Ottawa , Domingue against TO, and Demko for the back to back against Columbus the night after. still a feel for how he's doing but need to rest him at the right times.

will be interesting how he's managed.

2 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Looking at the schedule Domingue would likely play 3 of the next 15 games if Marky is out 3 weeks.

Green has to watch the back to backs very carefully when slotting Domingue in.

possibly play Demko in Montreal and Ottawa , Domingue against TO, and Demko for the back to back against Columbus the night after. still a feel for how he's doing but need to rest him at the right times.

will be interesting how he's managed.

That doesn't seem realistic.  Im betting they're planning for the rest of the reg season, at least.

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

Do we know which specific time Marky was run over lately that caused the damage?

or was an impact of like the 5 times he has been run over? 

way to protect your players Green

constantly allows our stars to be messed with with zero response 

it will be Hughes next 

The hell is that?

Why don’t you join the cheering instead of the doom and gloom of the everlasting down.

Jesus.

Get a grip bud. You’re gonna exPLODE.

• Cheers 1