The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Devils trade Louis Domingue to Canucks for Zane McIntyre

15 minutes ago, iBlueGreen said:

He was 21-5 with TBL last year.  I think he'll surprise some ... He stoned the Canucks a few times as well.

Doesn't every goalie ? Lol ... I swear rverytime I hear the commentary when the Nucks play the Wild and Dubnyk is having some slump but end up beating The Nucks

1 hour ago, iBlueGreen said:

I wonder if Ian Clark was the guy that made the suggestion to pick him up?  I'd say the team will play better defensively with these two net, for the next few games at least.  And then maybe Demko can go on a roll.

I would think that the goaltending coach was consulted on the outgoing goaltender as well as the incoming goaltender. At least it would make sense seeing how tight the top of the organization is running. 

To hit high more often than not, the entire organization has to have an internal open dialogue policy.

Edited by Me_
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Since we are paying Luongo under recapture, couldn’t we just use him as our backup.  May need to sign him to league min.  Obvious he still wants to play.

Well imagine that.

I wonder what the Legal implications of such a decision would entail for both the Canucks as well as the Panthers...

And also, why did I think Domingue was small in stature...

6’3” - 208lbs

Edited by Me_

41 minutes ago, iBlueGreen said:

I wonder if Ian Clark was the guy that made the suggestion to pick him up?  I'd say the team will play better defensively with these two net, for the next few games at least.  And then maybe Demko can go on a roll.

Yep. JB says the process is Clark identifies a list of players he can work with and then Jim makes calls to gauge the prices. Domingue was right near the top of the list.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Timbermen said:

I wonder if they can bring back Bachman? They lent him to a team in Europe. They still need a backup in Utica, I know they have Keilly but his numbers are pretty rough in Kalamazoo, one more injury and they have a similar situation to last year too. It just dawned on me that this deal makes sense for both NJ and Vancouver because no one gets waived. MacIntyre goes straight to Binghampton and Domingue to Vancouver without having to clear waivers. Remember what happened last year? Canucks traded for a backup and lost him to waivers. Say what you will about JB but he always learns from his mistakes and is becoming a solid GM.

Yes the can recall Bachman but I think we'll find another back up for the Comets.

1 hour ago, iBlueGreen said:

I believe a recent interview with JB highlighted the process involving IC's opinion.

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, Me_ said:

Well imagine that.

I wonder what the Legal implications of such a decision would entail for both the Canucks as well as the Panthers...

And also, why did I think Domingue was small in stature...

6’3” - 208lbs

Probably because Markstrom is 6'6 and Demko is 6'5. ::D

• Cheers 1