Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Devils trade Louis Domingue to Canucks for Zane McIntyre


Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Did the Canes change their system with a zamboni driver?

Actually they did.  They played a left wing lock, which is the best for keeping other teams from getting good possession in your zone.  

  • Like 1
  • Wat 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, sonoman said:

I would definitely not want Marky in Cowtown 

no doubt. Its just not in the teams control, if Marky wants to listen to offers. We could easily be outbid, but if Demko shows he's ready then it could be a blessing. I really hope we find a way to keep both Marky and Demko tho. But with Marky's UFA status and Seattle there's some things out of Jim's control. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

no doubt. Its just not in the teams control, if Marky wants to listen to offers. We could easily be outbid, but if Demko shows he's ready then it could be a blessing. I really hope we find a way to keep both Marky and Demko tho. But with Marky's UFA status and Seattle there's some things out of Jim's control. 

My prediction all season was if Marky performs like he did the latter half of last season he will be resigned to a 4-5 year deal and if the Canucks felt highly about Dipietro which I think they do, Demko will be dealt near the draft and the Canucks will recoup some picks. It only makes sense. I think Demko’s camp wants to be put in a position to push for a starters job and that’s not gonna happen here with Marky. He’s simply too good. If Demmer performs well here down the stretch the Canucks are in a good position to recoup that 1st and 2nd round pick in the upcoming draft. 

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pickly said:

My prediction all season was if Marky performs like he did the latter half of last season he will be resigned to a 4-5 year deal and if the Canucks felt highly about Dipietro which I think they do, Demko will be dealt near the draft and the Canucks will recoup some picks. It only makes sense. I think Demko’s camp wants to be put in a position to push for a starters job and that’s not gonna happen here with Marky. He’s simply too good. If Demmer performs well here down the stretch the Canucks are in a good position to recoup that 1st and 2nd round pick in the upcoming draft. 

yup, thats very possible too. I see good options all over the place on this. Heck Domingue could be showcasing himself to backup Marky for next year too. Mikey D needs another year in Utica. 

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Me_ said:

 

Vigneault’s rule of “Never lose three in a row” should be written high on the Canucks dressing room.

 

Or they could post Burrows' rule of "Win da turd!" on the dressing room wall.  A few times they've let the foot off the gas pedal and teams had clawed back to tie and / or win the game against the Canucks, the last game vs. Minny being an example.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I've warmed up to the idea of Domingue getting some games. I think Clark has shown he can improve just about anyone. 

 

Why did NJ do us this favor? McIntyre lost his starting job in Utica to a rookie... he's no where close. 

Part of a GM relationship, maybe a future favour is in the works (a 3rd rounder instead of a 4th rounder in a future deal).

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Actually they did.  They played a left wing lock, which is the best for keeping other teams from getting good possession in your zone.  

90s left wing lock?  That’s a old 90s system

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pickly said:

My prediction all season was if Marky performs like he did the latter half of last season he will be resigned to a 4-5 year deal and if the Canucks felt highly about Dipietro which I think they do, Demko will be dealt near the draft and the Canucks will recoup some picks. It only makes sense. I think Demko’s camp wants to be put in a position to push for a starters job and that’s not gonna happen here with Marky. He’s simply too good. If Demmer performs well here down the stretch the Canucks are in a good position to recoup that 1st and 2nd round pick in the upcoming draft. 

I agree, but I think it would be next deadline, or right before the ED.  They're in no rush to move on from a great tandem

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, stawns said:

I agree, but I think it would be next deadline, or right before the ED.  They're in no rush to move on from a great tandem

 

As seen this season and plenty of other seasons, you can't have enough quality goalie depth. 

  • Like 1
  • Sedinery 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, stawns said:

I agree, but I think it would be next deadline, or right before the ED.  They're in no rush to move on from a great tandem

Well, we are about to find out if we truly have a great tandem, aren’t we?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

 

As seen this season and plenty of other seasons, you can't have enough quality goalie depth. 

Yup, that's not a hand I'd play until it is absolutely necessary

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I've warmed up to the idea of Domingue getting some games. I think Clark has shown he can improve just about anyone. 

 

Why did NJ do us this favor? McIntyre lost his starting job in Utica to a rookie... he's no where close. 

That's what everyone has been wondering. The only thing that seems to be the selilng point is contract dollars. Approx 1.1 mil for Louis and Zane was 700 k. So some salary savings? That's about it that I can tell.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

That's what everyone has been wondering. The only thing that seems to be the selilng point is contract dollars. Approx 1.1 mil for Louis and Zane was 700 k. So some salary savings? That's about it that I can tell.

I wonder if it was also a favour from NJ to Domingue to give him a chance to showcase himself. He’d been demoted, this gives him a chance to play some NHL games this year and show what he can do after a relatively unsuccessful stint with a poor NJ team earlier this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sean Monahan said:

I wonder if it was also a favour from NJ to Domingue to give him a chance to showcase himself. He’d been demoted, this gives him a chance to play some NHL games this year and show what he can do after a relatively unsuccessful stint with a poor NJ team earlier this year. 

Could be, just like JB did a solid to Gagne to get him back into the NHL. I really like LD as a goalie. He was always good when he played against us in Arizona. Really happy that Clark likes what he sees in him.

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I've warmed up to the idea of Domingue getting some games. I think Clark has shown he can improve just about anyone. 

 

Why did NJ do us this favor? McIntyre lost his starting job in Utica to a rookie... he's no where close. 

Why is this move seen as a favour?


How about just a good ol hockey deal... goalie for goalie. 
 

Over analyzing third string/depth chart goalie trades... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, it was 1 for 1 swap of Zane Macintyre and Louis Domingue.

 

Both are ufa at seasons end, Domingue clearly the better tender.

 

The goalies they currently have are Blackwood, Schneider, Senn, Cormier and Macintyre.

 

It's a mix of several things, njd save cap, Louis should have been up with NJD instead of Scneider, Domingue likely requested a move to try and earn a contract for next year, NJD get to send Macintyre to the ECHL and can run with Cormier and Senn in Binghamton.

  • Burr 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...